Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 20, 2018, 08:18 AM
Discussion

1S LiPo PowerLab 6 or Multi4

I've gotten into small drones and have a number of 1S/650mAh LiPo batteries that I'd like to parallel charge on my PowerLab 6. Based on reading online (here at RC Groups) it looks as though it's as simple as building a small harness connecting all the + leads together and all the - leads together and having that terminate with banana plugs to go to the PowerLab 6. But, there will be no "balance" connector in this harness. Any issues with just using the banana outputs on the PowerLab 6, setting it for a 1S/1950mAh LiPo and limiting the current to about 2A?

I also have a Multi4 as well as the two PowerLab 6 chargers. So, if it is possibly a better solution, I could make up a charging harness for the Multi4 with one of the Cellpro pigtails (think I may have one left somewhere) to have the three (3) 1S batteries look like a 3S to the Multi4 and charge via its balance port.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply