This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 30, 2018, 04:21 PM
Lithium Member
Thank you !
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 06:58 PM
Lithium Member
Video of the Breitling Team L-39's I took last year in Huntington Beach.

Nice smooth maneuvers and good near unlimited verticals Hard to emulate in a model unless one has a powerful lightweight EDF setup.

Some pretty fast flybys too.

Breitling Jet Team Aero L-39's Tear Up the Sky at Airshow in Huntington Beach CA (9 min 0 sec)
Nov 03, 2018, 12:39 PM
Lithium Member
A picture of my battery placement with the lightweight inrunner FMS fan (289g) and the CG almost 1cm behind the manual value.

I have a YEP 150A esc in it, not sure how the weight of that one compares with any of the stock FW escs.

I've flown the L-39 with both RT 4500mAh and 5000mAh 35C packs, on mine no lead is required anywhere to get the CG right.

Nov 03, 2018, 01:18 PM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamarenko
Hi Herb, it is a pleasure to meet you here too, along with the Bae Hawk, L-39 is one of my favorite planes.
I'm intrigued by this model/ livery, do you think it's better to wait for the ARF version? Any link to their website?. Thank you.
By the way, the L-39 is presumably going to be carried in Switzerland by Hebu :

http://www.hebu-shop.ch/index.php?ca...EPO-Jet-s.html

together with lots of other Freewing edfs ...
Nov 04, 2018, 07:46 PM
Lithium Member
L-39 always a pleasure to fly 80 degree weather and not one rain cloud in the forecast

Nov 04, 2018, 09:12 PM
Herb; I LOVE your color choices.
Nov 06, 2018, 11:58 AM
Lithium Member
Thanks ... the FW L-39 is a pleasure to fly, a very rugged lightweight everyday flier that tracks like a pattern plane
Nov 06, 2018, 04:59 PM
Lithium Member
A bit smaller than the F-4 Phantom but not by much,

Nov 10, 2018, 12:43 PM
Lithium Member
The underwing tanks that come with the L-39 are very nice ... but they are quite big and thus draggy.

I decided to look around in my underwing tank drawer to see if I could find something a bit smaller and less draggy ...

Last edited by Herb; Nov 10, 2018 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply