Spektrum Radio Trade-Up Program - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Spektrum Radio Trade-Up Program

If you have an older model Spektrum radio sitting around, you might be interested in the Spektrum Trade-Up program. It allows you to trade in your older radio and get money off (up to $40) on the purchase of a new spektrum radio.

Splash

Trade In Your Old Radio

If you have an older model Spektrum radio sitting around, you might be interested in the Spektrum Trade-Up program. It allows you to trade in your older radio and get money off (up to $40) on the purchase of a new spektrum radio. It's valid for both surface and air radios with quite a few different models that are included in the deal.

One great thing about the program is some of the transmitters that are traded-in will get sent as a donation to the AMA Flight School in support of STEM and other youth educational programs. That is pretty cool and a great way to pass on your old radio. If you need to get more than up to $40 for your older transmitter, then you can check out the Radio Equipment section of the RCGroups Classifieds and try selling your radio there.

For full details on the Spektrum Radio Trade-Up Program, Click Here

Jun 18, 2018, 01:24 PM
Cool but I kinda wish they offered more than up to $40 considering how these radios can cost several hundred dollars. If they offered me $100 for my DX7s I'd totally upgrade to a 9 or something, otherwise it's good enough.
Jun 18, 2018, 03:12 PM
global offer? or America first as trump would say?
Jun 18, 2018, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brand
global offer? or America first as trump would say?
According to the link above, it says "Offer through ‭HorizonHobby.com is only available to U.S. residents. Trade Up purchases in Canada must be made at a participating Horizon Hobby ‭retailer.‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬"

So no, not USA-only, but not world-wide.

Andy
Jun 18, 2018, 03:54 PM
shame, I would have jumped on that!
Jun 18, 2018, 04:30 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Is the Dx 6 now discontinued? What is replacing it?

Thanks,
Tom
Jun 18, 2018, 04:34 PM
The DX6 (G3) is still available. https://www.horizonhobby.com/dx6-6-c...ode-2-spmr6750

The original DX6 Parkflyer radio from 2006 has been discontinued for ages.

Andy
Jun 18, 2018, 07:17 PM
MK
MK
$40 is only worth it if you really have an old radio. As seeingeyegod said, $40 for a working DX7S is a bit on the low side.
Jun 18, 2018, 08:46 PM
Not at all worth it especially if you run into a problem with your new radio and need a back-up.
Jun 26, 2018, 08:36 PM
RCG -Minus Member
If you're going to that much trouble, you may as well sell the radio for what it's worth. (far more than $40)
Jun 26, 2018, 10:17 PM
No bounce, No play.
I got 50 for my bashed cell that would barely turn on if you squeezed it just right.
Jun 27, 2018, 07:59 AM
I hope you erased it first. There are numerous reports of hackers and bad actor states who mine discarded technology like phones for bank accounts, e-mail addresses, etc.

Andy
Jun 27, 2018, 08:25 AM
No bounce, No play.
Most certainly, twice.

Quick Reply