Thread Tools
Jun 17, 2018, 05:48 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Discussion

Volantex vector 80 VS Feilung FT011


Hi, iīm looking for a cheap speed boat.

i friend of my have the feilung ft011 and i want some more speed to race him,
i was thinking about the vector 80 .i can buy this boat for a realy good price,

but have a question .can i beat my friend with his FT011 on 4S ????.. is the volantex vector 80 faster on 4S than the feilung ft011
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2018, 07:52 PM
Registered User
Doubt you can beat him but it would be very close stock out of the box. The 80 would be running 32-35mph if you are lucky. That's about what the fto11 does if it's set up good. You could run with him on top end but he might get you on take off. The 80 handles waves and rough water way better though...
Jun 17, 2018, 11:09 PM
Just Plane Nutts
AirDOGGe's Avatar
What fun is racing if one person has a faster boat? Get the same one, then have fun racing and then modding for a little more speed. That' what my friends and I did.

If you just buy a faster boat than him, then he may not to race.
Jun 18, 2018, 04:06 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Yes both stock on 4S but the vector 80 i read out of the box on 4S up to 90km p/u???
the FT011 55km p/u,
Jun 18, 2018, 05:46 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
i can buy also feilung ,than upgrade the motor and prop. but which motor and prop i need to get more speed?
Jun 18, 2018, 03:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by drestar
Yes both stock on 4S but the vector 80 i read out of the box on 4S up to 90km p/u???
the FT011 55km p/u,
That's standard "fake news" for boats sold from Overseas vendors. I promise you 32mph is what it will do stock out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drestar
i can buy also feilung ,than upgrade the motor and prop. but which motor and prop i need to get more speed?
You need a GOOLRC 2968 3400KV motor ($29.00) and 120 amp esc on 4s with a 35mm prop and you will eat his lunch. Here is one with this setup in it. This guy has been working on this one for a while. He sent me this video link yesterday.

Fastest FEILUN FT011 IN THE WORLD 😊😵 (2 min 51 sec)
Jun 18, 2018, 06:15 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Ok thanks .that looks very fast…

do i need motor with or without watercooling jacket?
Jun 18, 2018, 07:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by drestar
Ok thanks .that looks very fast…

do i need motor with or without watercooling jacket?
With Jacket. Here is a walk around of it. The self righting may not work after this mod has been done. Beware of that.
FT011 GOOLRC 2968 3400KV CONVERSION (0 min 42 sec)
Jun 19, 2018, 10:39 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Madness: 3400Kv on 4S =45000 rpm under load.
Very hard on the drive train and in the video I don't hear the motor rev out that high.
Granted, the boat is very quick, but, not being able to rev out (or not running full throttle) somethings may run hot.

Please ask how this set-up holds up over a couple of runs, preferably large full throttle ovals without throttlling down for the wide sweeping turns.

Regards, Jan.
Jun 19, 2018, 11:41 AM
Registered User
I have a ft011 and that is fast. I would think your drive line is not lasting long with that speed because stock is problematic as it is.
Fast on glass. Rough water would eat up the
U-joint in one run.
Jun 19, 2018, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
I donīt know about the feilung ft011.it runs very fast ,have a nice spray but looks not so stable as i see the vector 80 on this video,

he only cut rudder 5mm ,and relocating cooling pipe for less drag and the rest is all stock.motor,prop and esc .. and this looks very fast!

Vector 80 1st run (3 min 32 sec)
Jun 19, 2018, 04:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled
Madness: 3400Kv on 4S =45000 rpm under load.
Very hard on the drive train and in the video I don't hear the motor rev out that high.
Granted, the boat is very quick, but, not being able to rev out (or not running full throttle) somethings may run hot.

Please ask how this set-up holds up over a couple of runs, preferably large full throttle ovals without throttlling down for the wide sweeping turns.
Regards, Jan.
I'll ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermr
I have a ft011 and that is fast. I would think your drive line is not lasting long with that speed because stock is problematic as it is.
Fast on glass. Rough water would eat up the
U-joint in one run.
He has a standard flex system in this boat I believe he told me. So no driveshaft's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drestar
I donīt know about the feilung ft011.it runs very fast ,have a nice spray but looks not so stable as i see the vector 80 on this video,
he only cut rudder 5mm ,and relocating cooling pipe for less drag and the rest is all stock.motor,prop and esc .. and this looks very fast!
https://youtu.be/9D_VdyYJZZo
That boat above is running low 30's.


Check out my first run at 34/35mph with my Angry Shark after a few set up tweaks. I would have sworn it was going a little faster than that but the GPS don't lie. It's an upgraded Vector 80.
Vector 80 Pro "Angry Shark" first gps speed test on YouTube!! (6 min 56 sec)
Last edited by MADRCER; Jun 19, 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Jun 20, 2018, 03:52 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Low 30? it looks faster. how fast is the FT011 with 3400kv motor?
Jun 20, 2018, 06:34 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
he copied the setup from this owner,

RC BOAT Feilun FT011 TOP SPEED - 4S - 3400KV (1 min 49 sec)
Jun 20, 2018, 11:03 AM
Registered User
The problem comes with things not lasting very long when running @ 50000 rpm unloaded for extended run times. Electrics including batteries are stressed, not to mention the entire driveline.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Volantex Vector 80. 785boats Racing Boats - Electric 37 Apr 11, 2020 08:55 PM
Discussion Volantex atomic or feliun ft011 Ronz Racing Boats - Electric 56 Aug 30, 2019 10:50 PM
Question Volantex Ranger vs MFD Mytwindream vs EVE 2000 vs Wall E 2000 cjflis FPV Aircraft 1 Oct 05, 2017 04:36 PM
Discussion Vector 28 by Volantex ParadoxNZ Micro and Sub-Micro Boats 10 Aug 06, 2017 12:27 PM
Discussion Volantex Vector 80 Bikerboy1000 Racing Boats - Electric 21 Jan 11, 2017 05:26 PM