This thread is privately moderated by kiwi_craig, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 17, 2018, 04:16 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
Build Log

Blade 250 CFX - upgrades

Picked up a cheap 250 CFX that needed a bit of a going through. Motor had tired bearings and squealed like hell in idle up and several other little gremlins tweaked feathering shaft, slight tweak in the tail tube and sloppy feathering shaft bushes. Chassis / servos / canopy all mint.

Motor - ran okay just sounded terrible in idle up, had a high pitched squeal out it went, pulled it down and yup both bearings notchy as hell and showing signs of wear on the shaft - time for a replacement.

In with a Turnigy 2627 - 4200kv. went up one size on the pinion - 13t to counter the minor drop in Kv value 4500/4200 x 12t = 13t and went with a steel lynx gear - nice. The Turnigy motor comes in a nice plastic case with plug ends, shrink-wrap and a spare main shaft and a couple of 0.5M pinions - 11 and 9t.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

Initial run up was nice, then down the park and the main motor esc gave up....... this is the third blade 2 in 1 I've had smoke the main motor circuit, had a 200 SRX go, then my 230S went out and now this one in the 250 CFX. No warning fine one minute - stop the next and the ESC is smoking hot......... I'm figuring they are crappola quality wise in the main motor circuit components........

Another aspect I really hate in the 230 and the 250 is the mule kick these esc give on start up. this is why so many people have hassles with these things tipping over on spool up.......... I did my own 2 esc setup onto 230s and it is miles smoother with a nice slow rotation speed on start and smooth as spool up........ anyways out with the dud stock junk and in with emax esc units, 25A for the main and 12A for the tail. These are both the SimonK versions, i really like these, totally plug n play no messing with anything and they run superb. The throttle resolution is superb, the tail runs miles smoother and static hover is ultra steady with ultra fine rpm response to the smallest of stick movements. Yes a bit of work wiring it up but all done and dusted in a couple of hours, the end result is miles superior. No issues spooling up and hover testing in small area in the garage - rock steady hover now...... in comparison the old esc had coarse increments in throttle and holding a smooth static hover was difficult - always going up - down with the coarse power resolution steps in the stock ESC

https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Simonk...474558201403EJ

Biffed the alloy tail tube and added an 8mm CF unit, trimmed the needed slots in both ends and added about 3/4" more length, that's about as far as you can go with the stock wirings. Add a smaller CF tube filler section to support the open slot at the chassis end, stock mine had an alloy plug to do the same thing. Removed the shrink wrap from the motor plug ends, makes it easier to get the wire run through the fractionally smaller CF tube ID, then added new shrink wrap on the ends once they where pulled through the tube. Easier to remove the rear chassis tail mount, slide onto the CF tube then pull the wires through and down the slot and down ready for installation. All easy once you have it apart.

If you refer to my 230S mods I've been running 3050 quad triple bladed props for some time now, miles better than stock.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-up%21-Part-2

Taking this one step further with the new 3056's with the funky wavy blades, fits and works stunning !
https://www.banggood.com/2-Pairs-Dal...474558201403EJ

So smooth running better quality main motor, emax dual esc setup - way nicer spool up and smoother tail and main throttle response and a longer stronger CF tail tube and better looking and miles more durable skids
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 17, 2018 at 06:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2018, 12:23 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
flies awesome on the new esc setup, smooth as silk now ! ! soft start and slow smooth idle at part throttle speed. Improved tail hold, both esc units have allot finer resolution on speed changes.
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 24, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quick Reply