Jun 19, 2019, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith 65
Is it possible that 8038 props produce some vibrations comparing to original stock props?

Enviat des del meu SM-G903F usant Tapatalk
It is possible but I do not see it with mine. It could be unbalanced props. I did see it with 8045 props.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vender0711
It is possible but I do not see it with mine. It could be unbalanced props. I did see it with 8045 props.
I balanced props the better I could, but I guess it was a weight thing,
Yi 4k is not a lightweight camera, today I tried the same configuration with Onepaa and I had a very good footage.
In the next hours I will publish the raw file. I'm very happy for your advice on changing the props,
Is the definitive solution!

I tried everything with no results trying to lift camera and gimbal.
I think that Bugs 3 pro they would have to sell it with this props.

Thank you very much Vender!!
Jun 19, 2019, 02:28 PM
Here's the video
Bugs 3 pro & gimbal & Onepaa & 8038 props (9 min 14 sec)
Jun 19, 2019, 06:47 PM
Quote:
I balanced props the better I could, but I guess it was a weight thing,
Yi 4k is not a lightweight camera, today I tried the same configuration with Onepaa and I had a very good footage.
In the next hours I will publish the raw file. I'm very happy for your advice on changing the props,
Is the definitive solution!

I tried everything with no results trying to lift camera and gimbal.
I think that Bugs 3 pro they would have to sell it with this props.

Thank you very much Vender!!
No worries. Thank you for the great videos! I will be in Europe in September and now I want to hike where you are taking those videos. 😀👍✌️
Jun 19, 2019, 06:53 PM
Quote:
And it looks windy and the video is smooth and watchable. I can not watch videos without a gimbal anymore, they are to shaky. I am spoiled now. It looks amazing! Nice job!
Jun 21, 2019, 11:28 AM
As I had a little vibration I tried to put the gimbal the best I could to the COG but I didn't have any success, so I put it again where the standard mount goes and it seems a better place, although in this way there is more weight in the front.

As the settings of the Bugs cannot be modified connecting it thru USB to a computer I ask:
Is it possible that Bugs 3 pro is pre-configured to have more weigth in the front because a camera can be mounted in the front part of the drone even you don't attach the camera?
Jun 24, 2019, 01:35 PM

Bugs 3 pro transmitter no sound

Since a few days ago the bugs transmitter 3 pro does not emit any sound.
I can fly the drone fly and do all the normal operations but it does not produce the usual "beep" sounds.
I have disassembled the transmitter mini speaker and I connected it to a sound source and it sounds.
I've also cheked the board solderings.
Does anybody know where the fault comes from?
I can fly, but without the sounds I can not detect easily when there is less battery without automatic return home.
Jun 30, 2019, 03:35 PM
Testing transmitter this weekend with no sound in my transmitter but the rest is all ok.
Bugs 3 pro with camera and gimbal, safe to fly with 8038 props
Bugs 3 Pro & Gimbal 2 axis & SJcam 5000x elite & ND16 filter (6 min 25 sec)
Yesterday, 02:29 AM
John, that gimbal-mounted footage is amazing. I definitely gave up the idea of adding a gimbal to this quad ages ago. These days, I only add light weight payloads to it.

And by the way, your hand catch at the end really surprised me. Because I had totally the opposite experience with mine when I tried recently. A few days ago on a farm, my Bugs 3 Pro was in GPS mode and while it was in the air, I grabbed one of the legs (something I rarely do with a quad) and pushed down the left stick. I held the left stick down for about 5 or 6 seconds but nothing happened. The props were still spinning. So I let it go. However, when I released it, it didn't resume it's stationary hover. It moved to the left by itself and crashed into a wire fence nearby. And that was the end of the flight. Strange behaviour.

Prior to me grabbing it's leg, the Bugs was acting fine for the whole flight - not drifting at all in GPS mode. Not even at high altitude.
Last edited by dragonblade; Yesterday at 02:34 AM.
Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade
John, that gimbal-mounted footage is amazing. I definitely gave up the idea of adding a gimbal to this quad ages ago. These days, I only add light weight payloads to it.

And by the way, your hand catch at the end really surprised me. Because I had totally the opposite experience with mine when I tried recently. A few days ago on a farm, my Bugs 3 Pro was in GPS mode and while it was in the air, I grabbed one of the legs (something I rarely do with a quad) and pushed down the left stick. I held the left stick down for about 5 or 6 seconds but nothing happened. The props were still spinning. So I let it go. However, when I released it, it didn't resume it's stationary hover. It moved to the left by itself and crashed into a wire fence nearby. And that was the end of the flight. Strange behaviour.

Prior to me grabbing it's leg, the Bugs was acting fine for the whole flight - not drifting at all in GPS mode. Not even at high altitude.
Most of the times I catch carefully the bugs with my hand at the end of the flight without problems. If the quad is returning because RTH when is stopped in my hand it stops the motors automaticaly if not I push the start-stop button with the other hand for about 3-5 seconds and motors stop. I gave up too after lots of tries to put to much load until I discovered (thanks to Mark Vender in this forum) that with 8038 props I could lift any weight, I've made lots of flights with gimbal and heavier cameras and success 100%. The only downside is that =more weight = less flying time. With a normal camera and my gimbal I can fly until RTH about 7-8 minutes.

Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Most of the times I catch carefully the bugs with my hand at the end of the flight without problems. If the quad is returning because RTH when is stopped in my hand it stops the motors automaticaly if not I push the start-stop button with the other hand for about 3-5 seconds and motors stop.
Woops I forgot about the start / stop button. I usually only press that button to start the Bugs rather than stop it.

Quote:
I gave up too after lots of tries to put to much load until I discovered (thanks to Mark Vender in this forum) that with 8038 props I could lift any weight, I've made lots of flights with gimbal and heavier cameras and success 100%. The only downside is that =more weight = less flying time. With a normal camera and my gimbal I can fly until RTH about 7-8 minutes.

Those new props must give the Bugs a new leae of life. Interestingly, when I first got my Bugs, I did a test with it carrying a payload that was roughly equal to an action camera, light weight gimbal and extra battery and if I recall correctly, it flew for about 7 minutes (right out of the box.) That was longer than I expected but even so, I still thought it was a bit risky with all that extra weight.

Out of curiosity, are your motors extra warm after such flights? Also, which 2 axis gimbal are you using and are you using an extra battery to power it?
Last edited by dragonblade; Yesterday at 10:42 AM.
Yesterday, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=dragonblade;42338457]
Quote:
Most of the times I catch carefully the bugs with my hand at the end of the flight without problems. If the quad is returning because RTH when is stopped in my hand it stops the motors automaticaly if not I push the start-stop button with the other hand for about 3-5 seconds and motors stop.

Woops I forgot about the start / stop button. I usually only press that button to start the Bugs rather than stop it.

Those new props must give the Bugs a new leae of life. Interestingly, when I first got the Bugs, I did a test with it carrying a payload that was roughly equal to an action camera, light weight gimbal and extra battery and if I recall correctly, it flew for about 7 minutes (right out of the box.) That was longer than I expected but even so, I still thought it was a bit risky with all that extra weight.

Out of curiosity, are your motors extra warm after such flights? Also, which 2 axis gimbal are you using and are you using an extra battery to power it?
Of course Stop button works when you press it

About motors, no, I get as hot as usual with 8038 props. And yes I take power from bugs battery with my 2 axis gimbal. After many tests I've seen that flight time depends more about weight than taken battery power.

Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Quote:
And yes I take power from bugs battery with my 2 axis gimbal.
Ah so you connect the gimbal cable to the power board inside the Bugs? I guess it's a soldering job?
Last edited by dragonblade; Yesterday at 09:17 PM.
Yesterday, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=dragonblade;42338631]
Quote:

Ah so you connect the gimbal cable to the power board inside the Bugs? I guess it's a soldering job?
no, I soldered a pair of cables (+-) at each batteries (I own 2 batteries)

Quick Reply