Jun 16, 2018, 03:10 AM
Thread OP
New Product

RSSI Firmware mod for FlySky IA6B and X6B

Hello,

This one is for FlySky fans.

I just want announce a project I'v uploaded: https://github.com/Cleric-K/FlySkyRxFirmwareRssiMod.

It is a patched firmware for IAB6 and X6B receivers. It simply injects the Signal Strength value into IBUS channel 14.

I know that FlyPlus already allows something similar but it depends on the receiver being able to send back the telemetry back to the tx and then the tx send back the rssi data (which the rx knows anyway) as channel.

I hope it will be of use.

Happy Flying!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2018, 11:22 AM
AWESOME! Thanks! I guess this would give a bit lower latency compared to rx -> tx -> rx -> fc route we do now with the hacked i6 firmware?
Jul 05, 2018, 11:24 AM
Also, any chance to have a look at a firmware for the flit10?
Jul 10, 2018, 03:40 AM

iNav settings

Can you add some description how to set it up in iNav?
Jul 11, 2018, 07:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroform
Also, any chance to have a look at a firmware for the flit10?
Hi. If you can send me a dump of the firmware I can take a look. You should check if SWCLK and SWDIO pads are available. If not, it might be quite difficult to connect the stlink.
Jul 13, 2018, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clerick
Hi. If you can send me a dump of the firmware I can take a look. You should check if SWCLK and SWDIO pads are available. If not, it might be quite difficult to connect the stlink.
Cool, Iíll have a look next week (on vacay now).
Aug 02, 2018, 01:22 AM
It tested it yesterday and it works! THANK YOU

On my IA6C the Pads were mislabeled. I had to find out which are the corresponding pads by checking continuity from the STM32 SWDIO/CLK legs to the pads on the pcb.

In the end it worked and I now have RSSI. Thanks a 1000 times!
Aug 02, 2018, 04:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabireiter

On my IA6C the Pads were mislabeled. I had to find out which are the corresponding pads by checking continuity from the STM32 SWDIO/CLK legs to the pads on the pcb.

Great! I'm glad it all worked out fine.
Happy Flying!
Aug 16, 2018, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfuldrey
Can you add some description how to set it up in iNav?
Easy. Use Serial Rx, iBus. Select the port you use for iBus on the Ports tab.
Then go to the Rx page. Select channel 14 s the RSSI channel.

Exactly like betaflight.
Aug 21, 2018, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabireiter

Which were the correct pads? Can you maybe take a pic? My ia6c is covered in conformal coating, so it's very hard to check for continuity....
Aug 22, 2018, 04:55 AM

IA6C SWDIO/SWCLK pins

With the help of Trabireiter I managed to flash my ia6c receiver. The picture beneath shows the correct SWDIO and SWCLK pins. Number 1 has to be connected to SWDIO on the stlink dongle, number 2 to the SWCLK pin.

The labelling of the SWDIO and SWCLK pins on the receiver itself is wrong!
Last edited by willie013; Aug 24, 2018 at 08:52 AM.
Aug 28, 2018, 02:30 AM
man u solved my big headache with ia6c on betaflight osd, was cominf from frsky to have 130mm quad and turnigy evolution radio to have a small and light backpack now i can have all i need
Aug 30, 2018, 12:53 AM
I flahedy i6ac but every time i enable rssi channel aux10 and reboot it shows disabled. Channel monitor seems ok but cant enable rssi
Aug 30, 2018, 02:04 AM
is everything else configured correctly? That same behavior can be experienced when the input configuration does not correspond to the actual physical setup.

Be sure that serial input is configured correctly for its uart, i-bus is set and then rssi on 10 should work.
Aug 30, 2018, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Easy. Use Serial Rx, iBus. Select the port you use for iBus on the Ports tab.
Then go to the Rx page. Select channel 14 s the RSSI channel.

Exactly like betaflight.
thats what i did, used both firmwares on repo, your and clerick. each time i enable rssi aux10 i got no luck reboot and get disabled. all other stich channels and aux respond, even aux 10 goes 1400, 1700 , up and down, when i switch off tx get 1500 on aux 10
rssi value is 31 always meanwhile on tx i got signal correct
betaflight 3.4.0, 3.4.1, omnibus f3, uart serial rx enabled, receiver i6ac , tx turnigy evolution,

will give a try again at home after work, i did not changed rx id as suggested by polvhp because have to check how to do in hex editor.
Last edited by kaligola; Aug 30, 2018 at 02:14 AM.

Quick Reply