Jun 16, 2018, 01:57 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Build Log

Profile Lancaster

Decided to have a go ...

I have a plan for a full construction 74" Lancaster which I have scaled to be 1200mm span. This allows a full single piece wing to be cut from a Depron sheet.
The plan outlines only will be used of course.

Idea is to create a four engine Lancaster with twin fuselage sides far enough apart to allow the 2S 3000 LiPo's (two of them) to be inside with the four 20A ESC's.

Wing will be double thickness 6mm depron ... with twin CF spars.

Motors to be 2S rated medium KV such as the 1500kv Emax ... turning 6" props.

Plan attached.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Difference of Forums
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2018, 11:01 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Have you started on this yet? A group of friends and I are building the 74" version from these plans.
Nov 29, 2018, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately no .... So many other things got in thevway .... Work ... Sick kitten .... And I need my workshop really as I have run out of clear space in house !

It is definitely on my cards along with the Chris Golds Lanc to complete.

Nigel
Nov 29, 2018, 01:14 AM
The plan looks like the Peter Holland version which used to fly very well.
Dec 04, 2018, 01:47 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
I am using the same plan for just the outlines, dropped a copy of the small picture into Sketchup and scaled it to 100" span to get some general dimensions.

The rest is very much, from my imagination to my knife type modeling, making it up as I go along.

After the demise of my previous Lanc, (darn hedge jumped up and grabbed it), and having all the 'hardware' from her, I just had to have a replacement sooner or later.

Here's a start, so no more excuses Nigel, a profile one should only be a couple of days work

Ray.
Dec 05, 2018, 01:01 AM
What with work ... workshop not finished yet ... I'm trying !!

I have my Chris Golds 93" Lanc to finish as well ...

Nigel

Quick Reply