Jun 15, 2018, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

module won't bind

I have XPS in a 9C and today I went to bind a receiver and couldn't get it to work. I saw that the LED in the module doesn't lite at all. I flew ealier and had no issues. I am still using an 8cell NiMetal battery that I have always used. I fly foamies with DSM2 module--- no issues. Rick Fraley, Eaton, Ohio.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2018, 03:09 AM
Did you try re-seating the module? The 9C is notorious for having issues with the module pins due to poor soldering from the Factory, so it could be no power (or ground) to the module. Usually wiggling the module will make it work or not work when the module pins have a problem.

If that is not the issue, you would have to send it for a repair.
Jun 16, 2018, 07:09 AM
Thread OP
Yes, took it out and put back several times. I will check pins again but my DSM2 module doesn't have any issues. The XPS module flies my planes without issue, just won't bind to a new receiver.--- rick
Jun 16, 2018, 11:05 AM
I think there is a terminology issue here. "Bind" means to marry, or pair a receiver to a transmitter module. This is something that you do only once when you first get the receiver. A "connection" is what occurs when the transmitter module and receiver are powered up and link together.

You stated that you don't see the LED come on, so you are not getting a "connection", correct? If the LED does not come on, then either the module is defective or it is not getting power from the transmitter. Since your DSM2 module seems to work, I would say that something has happened to our module and it needs repaired.

Please see here for repair information:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...prod=XPSREPAIR
Jun 16, 2018, 07:23 PM
Thread OP
Sorry, when I said I flew earlier with no issues it was a different plane. Was trying to bind a new receiver when I found LED not working.
Jun 16, 2018, 11:50 PM
So, the module no longer works with that different (or any other) plane?
Jun 18, 2018, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
As far as I know it flies all the planes that were bound. Just won't bind to a new receiver. Will double check that tomorrow.
Jun 18, 2018, 09:01 PM
If you don't see a LED on the transmitter module, it is dead - as in no longer working at all.
Jun 19, 2018, 04:37 AM
Doesn’t matter much if the module is not working but what “new receiver “ are you trying to use ???
Jun 19, 2018, 07:11 PM
Thread OP
I am trying to bind a 6 channel nano. There is no LED showing and I flew 2 different planes today with no issues. I am going on a vacation next week and would like to send it in during that time period so I am without it for a minimum amount of time. I can fly some foamies on DSM2 for a while. ---- rick
Jun 19, 2018, 07:19 PM
Rick,

Trying to follow your issue but it's confusing,....

Are you saying that you're flying other planes with no problem with the SAME module ? The same module you're having issues with the "new" nano receiver ??

If that's the case, then the issue might be with the new receiver......

Do you have another receiver to try ?
Jun 19, 2018, 08:59 PM
DO NOT FLY a module that does NOT show the LED lighting up! It could be a bad LED, but in 12 years I have never seen that occur.

Now, having said that - If you can fly a plane with an existing module, then you can bind another receiver - but you NEED to see the color of the LED on the module in order to know when you are in binding mode!

Please see here for info on returning something for repair:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...prod=XPSREPAIR
Jun 20, 2018, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
Will send it your way on Tues.
Jun 22, 2018, 07:42 PM
Thread OP
Interesting info for you. After you said if it doesn't bind its no good but I have been flying every day the weather allows with all planes that I have receivers in with no issues. Today I held button, turned on Tx. and counted off a few seconds guessing about how long it always took before as far as I could remember. Powered up Rc. , put in bind plug, waited a couple seconds, turned both off & back on and it bound! Wasn't able to fly due to high winds but it is OK. LED still dead though.
Jun 22, 2018, 11:21 PM
Well, that's a first. I have never seen a LED go bad before - and that is a dual package LED so both LEDs have gone bad.

Quick Reply