Nov 23, 2019, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info guy's will let you all know what I find out.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2019, 11:26 PM
From the bore and stroke dimensions indicated it should be a 100.
Yes Jon should have a definite answer.
Going by that ST Carb and the short muffler design, you may find that parts availability are problematic. How are the internals ?
Nov 24, 2019, 06:57 PM
I Came up to be a 100 also, but its been 60 years since I used them math figures. Everything looks to be fine, don't notice anything worn, Very smooth bearings and tons of compression and the valves are set at .003"

Thanks all for your input.
Nov 24, 2019, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by softlanding
I Came up to be a 100 also, but its been 60 years since I used them math figures. Everything looks to be fine, don't notice anything worn, Very smooth bearings and tons of compression and the valves are set at .003"

Thanks all for your input.
Fantastic. Then you just need to go fire it up and fly
Nov 26, 2019, 05:24 AM
Systems Test Engineer Amateur
Any more word on production resumption of new Lasers ?
Nov 26, 2019, 05:35 AM
There was a batch of various displacement that got snapped up. If you are looking to get one, you will have to keep checking on the website.
Not the best method in my opinion but that's how it is
Nov 26, 2019, 06:30 AM
The current 100 has a 1.0905 bore or 27.7 mm
And a 1.0590 stroke or 26.9 mm
Nov 26, 2019, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandrayan
There was a batch of various displacement that got snapped up. If you are looking to get one, you will have to keep checking on the website.
Not the best method in my opinion but that's how it is
That was a while ago. Seems to be very sporadic.
Nov 26, 2019, 09:56 AM
Not really! Just less than two weeks back.
Nov 26, 2019, 10:46 AM
And You're Not
I tried emailing them to get a pair of throttle arms for a 200 twin, never got a reply.
Nov 26, 2019, 10:51 AM
Jeff, was that email sent some time back? Emails and internet was down for them some time back. Try sending it again or call them up
Nov 26, 2019, 12:26 PM
I think I may have gotten one of the last 70ís in December last year. I emailed Jon asking about some older Laser engines I was watching on eBay. Jon said that ones with a forward tilting glow plug are no longer supported. No replacement parts. So to the OP, treat the engine you have gently. It should still last a very long time. Back to my story, I tried to order an engine when they were showing inventory in stock. I received an email stating all were sold out. A few days later Jon said a buyer backed out and a 70 was available so I grabbed it.
Nov 26, 2019, 12:56 PM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandrayan
Jeff, was that email sent some time back? Emails and internet was down for them some time back. Try sending it again or call them up
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Nov 26, 2019, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91pilot
I think I may have gotten one of the last 70ís in December last year. I emailed Jon asking about some older Laser engines I was watching on eBay. Jon said that ones with a forward tilting glow plug are no longer supported. No replacement parts. So to the OP, treat the engine you have gently. It should still last a very long time. Back to my story, I tried to order an engine when they were showing inventory in stock. I received an email stating all were sold out. A few days later Jon said a buyer backed out and a 70 was available so I grabbed it.
Hope the support on new versions is better than the earlier. With the sporadic output at present, could be a bigger problem in future.
Nov 26, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cee
Hope the support on new versions is better than the earlier. With the sporadic output at present, could be a bigger problem in future.
True! As long as the current engines arenít redesigned parts support should be OK.

With that said, Laser engines are known to last a very long time. Just properly oil then for prolonged storage and donít try to eek out every bit of performance from them.

Quick Reply