Heading home to Portland Oregon in July for Vacation, want to fly? - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by aaronredbaron, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 14, 2018, 07:27 AM
Team Spektrum FPV
Discussion

Heading home to Portland Oregon in July for Vacation, want to fly?

I have flown all up and down the west coast, and I miss living there terribly, but Illinois is where my career is! Fortunately I have enough vacation time I try to make a trip home to Portland a priority at least once a year. This year I will be in Oregon from July 13th to July 24th. I will be bringing a quad and perhaps an FPV wing, and I always try to get a good trip to the beach in. If anybody wants to plan a trip to Tierra Del Mar (Pacific City), or other areas for an FPV adventure, please send me a PM. I prefer to hit up those kinds of spots on early week days when nobody is on the beach. If you want to do some slope soaring, I won't have a sailplane with me, but I would LOVE to get get some lift. Living on flat ground in a windy area makes a sloper itchy. It makes me want to slope soar every highway overpass, tree line and building, but I've pretty much given up on micro urban sloping, although I think there is still promise there. I will be staying in West Linn at the 'rents, and there is a great little float flying spot on the Willamette.

Also... I will be helping a dear friend's widow make some space, he passed 13 years ago now and his entire basement is still filled with models. Its time to give them new homes and give her some closure. A lot of it may be old half finished projects or swap meet finds from an eon ago... I will be posting on here in the classifieds when I figure out what's what, but if you want a beater for a trainer or a project for a rainy day I may have something you can have... (local pickup only when I am in Oregon)

.... anyway, I'm always down to beat the air into submission and throw down some good heli flights, burn some glow fuel, ROW, or rip up a good FPV spot...

so

who wants to go flying in July?

At the beach
Theory Type W at the Oregon Coast (10 min 0 sec)

Flying in West Linn, in the Gorge, at the beach, in Shelton Washington... check out my epic landing in the Gorge at 3:00
Northwest Adventure Flying with the Blade Theory Type W (10 min 21 sec)

and back in the day before I had little ones of my own and I could go out and rip it up any time the wind was right. Those were some of the most pure moments in my life. Nothing like endless lift and a good moldy (I still have my Bird, but not bringing it home for this trip)
RC Glider does aerobatics on the slope! (9 min 49 sec)
Last edited by aaronredbaron; Jun 14, 2018 at 07:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply