Jun 13, 2018, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
Contest

2018 NCSS F3F Slot series race Race #4

Sorry bout the late notice , I got my weekends mixed up ,heres the signup for sundays Slot race ...

http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=event

The MoM race last weekend was a gas as usual , we could have used a few more pilots tho , so get yer butts to the next one !
you know how much fun these are, the forcasts for the area are always lower than reality ...the wind and lift was great!
Had some great sport flying and DS'ing after
see you all racing !
-V-
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2018, 11:08 PM
Looks like I'm going to step up and CD this event. The weather is looking good for Sunday and Pilots should arrange to plan on a 10am start time. So if you plan on trim flights you will want to get to the slot prior to 10am.

The Race Lock will have Red tape around the lock and Combo is 5555.

Vance you will need to put me down on the Vault as Co CD. Thanks and looking forward to flying with you Sunday.

I'll chime in on this thread Saturday evening just in case the wind dies out.
Jun 16, 2018, 09:13 PM
Got a hall pass!
Jun 16, 2018, 09:44 PM
The wind conditions are looking light tomorrow at the Slot. I also called another ncss member for feed back and at this point were going to cancel the race and reschedule it in July. It may pickup a little but looks like late afternoon.
Jun 16, 2018, 10:43 PM
Montara, CA
Bummer. See y'all next race!

Bill
Jun 20, 2018, 11:07 PM
Hello F3F Slopers,

If Sunday's coastal conditions will not be favorable to race Thornton or Fort Ross, then we could use Sunday as backup date for the SLoT F3F race that was canceled last Sunday. And this Sunday's SLoT forecast looks good

Here is the direct link to NCSS race signup page on F3Xvault: http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=even...&event_id=1283

Thanks,

Mehrdad
Jun 23, 2018, 01:45 PM
Thread OP

sundays race

OK, I see now clearly that I really screwed things up , Dave , thanks for the clarity, I missed things on RCG, and feel in deference to Ken that the race should be canceled and put back in his hands as the original CD ,also signups on the Vault are suspect as it is the original signup,it still shows Ken on the list so I really don't know who is really signed up ... i still cant find any thing on RCG concerning a make up date for the race ,I did see the post about his daughter ,but did not know it was Ken , until now as it was pointed out to me , so ,Sorry guys unless I hear from Ken (today) , the race will be canceled ..
-V-
also I'm redoing the Calendar to show backup dates and coast series events ...
PS .. I'll be at the SLOT tomorrow if the wind is good no matter what happens, I'll be available to take beatings ...
Jun 23, 2018, 06:34 PM
Hi Vance, sorry for the late reply but you have 11 pilots signed up for tomorrows race. You should make it a go, in my view the pilots are more important than 1 contestant. I appreciate the concern on my behalf and want the race to be successful for the pilots. You guys have a good time and I'll catch you on the next coastal or NCSS f race. Take Care and have fun

Ken
Jun 23, 2018, 06:55 PM
Martin

Race#4

Ken
Thank you so much for the encouraging Vance to do the right thing. Having a contest is always better than sitting home and sending emails and posts with opinions why one contest cannot replace another that has been cancelled.
Unfortunately, the negative side has won out and have baggered Vance in calling off a race with 8+ pilots already signed up.
To quote someone I hate
"Sad!"
Mart
Jun 23, 2018, 07:28 PM
Martin

Race at the Slot tomorrow

Guys
I want to race and I have the timing equipment!
Regardless of all the stuff that has gone down, I'll be at the Slot tomorrow at 10:00 to set up and have some fun flying instead of this typing war.
Maybe we can even get back to calling it NCSS Race#4 as it's been posted for the last 4 days.
Mart
Jun 23, 2018, 07:38 PM
Thread OP

Lets go racing

Race # 4 it is, race on ...
Jun 23, 2018, 10:10 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Vance,

Glad to hear Ken is good with racing without him tomorrow instead of on his backup date in July, as he posted. As always, it is up to the CD.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacswd
Hi Vance, sorry for the late reply but you have 11 pilots signed up for tomorrows race. You should make it a go, in my view the pilots are more important than 1 contestant. I appreciate the concern on my behalf and want the race to be successful for the pilots. You guys have a good time and I'll catch you on the next coastal or NCSS f race. Take Care and have fun

Ken
Jun 24, 2018, 07:41 PM
Martin

NCSS Race #4

Lots of wind, pilots and PB's!!!!
Many runs in the mid to low 30's and everyone flying consistently in the low 40's!!
Glad we flew the race today!
Last edited by mrfski; Jun 24, 2018 at 07:55 PM.
Jun 24, 2018, 09:03 PM
WooHoo
Marty!!
Jun 25, 2018, 01:56 AM
Great race experience at NCSS SLoT today.

Crazy strong wind all day.

Completed 15 rounds in 4 hours, started a little before 11am and finished round 15 before 3pm.

Thank you Vance, Mart and NCSS club for hosting another fun event for the local F3F community.

Thank you Sandy for driving a long distance and running center chair so pilots could focus on flying and rotating base duty.

Thank you Gerard for coming out to fly but then camping out most of day at base A after finding your Trinity had at a technical issue preventing it from taking to the air this morning. Please extend thanks to your sweet wife Claudette for putting up with us too.

Thank you Ron for sharing early your NorCal race call so NCSS had enough time to put on today’s SLoT race. I know you are all about making sure your buddies have fun, similar to how Vance canceled the NCSS slot backup race scheduled on March 25th, so that we, NorCal F3F'ers, could move ahead with our coastal race that same Sunday.

Thank you Ken for stepping up to CD last Sunday and also letting us know you could not do so this Sunday allowing NCSS time to make arrangements to move ahead with their race. Knowing you well, you put the wants of many ahead of the needs of yourself so it was no surprise you were cool with us racing without your presence today.

Two of our best pilots were missed today. No doubt Ron and Ken would have tore up the slot and had a hell of a great time too. Wonder how each of them would have flown the course, amount of ballast, climb out path for start, inside or outside line, on-course height, turn style, etc. in 50+ mph day there there was a lot to see and learn.

Everyone who flew today should be proud, awesome how well all did in such adverse conditions. This was a double black diamond type of slope day folks.

The 3up format probably contributed to some uneven distribution of air across pilots, however we did not experience lengthy periods of excessive lift or sink so it seemed to turn out to be an excellent decision minimizing landing risk and flying more race rounds.

DZ had more bad air cycles than me however his smoother flying, faster lines, no cuts and not going long may have made up the difference. He flew the FS5 mostly around 120 oz auw and me the Drops around 126 all day.

Andy was first person on-site, and measured gusts to mid-40s before 10am!! It was good seeing him race the Scorpion on course so well in such wild conditions. He greased the landing but didn't fly more rounds after Mart shared his concern that one of previously shorten/repaired stab joiners may not be up for the task of even stronger afternoon conditions.

Doug came out to fly however during pre-flight check one V-tail servo was seised up. He hung out with us sharing great vibes.

Some key highlights from today were having so many good guys there to support the community by making this race happen, and the many personal bests being set. Mart congrats on the 37.xx run.

Another was watching Vance fly the Drops 277 on course like he stole it.

After the race Mike R took his D60 out for a spin on the backside. He was in the zone, must have been cresting 200 mph DSing that little ship butter smooth through the turbulence. He made it look easy but it is not at all. He was kind enough to share some tips that I shall try next time.

Thank you everyone who contributed for making this race a go and coming out to hang out and fly.

See you at the next one.

Mehrdad

Quick Reply