B-17 DTFB Design Test build wing - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by racerdee, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2018, 09:22 AM
racerdee
Build Log

B-17 DTFB Design Test build wing

Sorry for the picture quality, this is what I have so far. the cowling is 10 inches by 2 inches and then I rounded it. the wing is 22 inches (overall wingspan when the plane is finished = 44in). Cord, where the wing meets the fuselage, is 8 inches. the trailing edge is kind of choppy that's because the ruler kept sliding and it didn't matter how much I pushed on the ruler. This was just a test build to see if my idea would work, my thought process was that if I put tabs on the top and bottom of the wing, could I cut the power pack in half and it still work? Well, I got the bottom pieces attached and realized that the airfoil of my wing was the same thickness as the powerpack half, so, I had to go back into Inkscape and double the walls back up and it ended up working. If I get this plane to fly, ill consider posting plans if anyone is interested.

What I plan on doing is running an aluminum spar down half of one wing and half of the other and putting the dihedral in that way, I may consider adding a carbon fiber rod into each wing for strength.

Any comments or advice would be great, questions, ill do my best to answer them, like I said in my first entry this is all new to me, still learning any input helps.

thanks,
Ruttledge James
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply