This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 12, 2018, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

the evolution of radios

nothing comes from nothing.
when i got started in radios, they were proportionals. and had a trim .
great stuff! (before, they were not, neither had trims)
they did nothing else, but seemed enough for having fun.
then came the revolution of programmable radios. the war began between manufacturers to overcome the competition (and still is).
more things, more gimmicks, more switches, buttons, things that they can do. (probably more than we need).
sometimes they came with a manual that explained everything, so you could learn all that they could do and you needed.
but now we find ourselves with some that dont explain all that you need or want to do.
sometimes there are places where you can ask or dig into and find the answers.
bur other times dont. and also sometimes when you ask, you not only dont get the answer, but get talked down, as if you were retarded.
so searching may bring the answer. still, wonder why not all radios come with a real manual, that explains how to use them.
on the other hand, there are manuals that do so. an example: https://app.box.com/s/cb3b695b7552a051d351
i think that if i explain where my roots are, some will understand my disappointing with no manuals-or not complete:
i learned to fly airplanes (full size) before driving a car. in aviation you do nothing until you learn every detail from a manual. you dont touch a switch, button, lever-nothing. if you do, you may die-or are fired. thats why the log book. then my 1st job was translating manuals that had everything in full detail.
nothing was left to the imagination. and thats why air transportation is the safest way; not because it is, but due to the way rules and regulations-and manuals- have made it foolproof.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply