Bridi designs - RC Groups
Jun 11, 2018, 06:30 PM
A man with too many toys
Discussion

Bridi designs

What's the best design and what order did he design them?

I have a Dirty Birdy ARF. I like the way it flies but it is a little heavy and has fixed gear. I want to build another similar design from scratch with EP power and retracts.

to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2018, 07:03 PM
Go Jets Go
This has been asked before on the forum. Search it up.

Kaos, Super Kaos, Dirty Birdy, UFO, Mama Mia
Last edited by jpurcha; Jun 14, 2018 at 08:39 AM.
Jun 11, 2018, 08:59 PM
DavidsPlanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Best is very much of subjective opinion. However, personally, I think Bridi's all time nicest design is the UFO. The culmination of 20 years of ballistic designs and a true grooving pattern machine. After the UFO, designs progressed in the engine long stroke direction, grew larger and thicker. XLT, Escape, Great Escape (not quite a Bridi design but a mod to the Escape) and, somewhere in there, the Mama Mia.

Quote:
I have a Dirty Birdy ARF. I like the way it flies but it is a little heavy and has fixed gear. I want to build another similar design from scratch with EP power and retracts.
Retracts will add weight compared to fixed gear but since you are going to scratch build and plan to go electric, build a super light wood airframe and juice it up with 1600-2000 W and a 6s pack. Optionally, you can use good electric retracts as they work well absent engine vibration. It will be formidable!

David
Jun 11, 2018, 10:02 PM
I need to find me an XLT kit or short kit. Ordered the UFO but canceled the order after a couple of months of waiting. Who offers the XLT?
Jun 11, 2018, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
This has been asked before on the forum. Search up.
You are not helpfull
Jun 11, 2018, 10:30 PM
Quote:

Rcmissouri.com
Jun 11, 2018, 10:44 PM
CPA #100
Quote:
I need to find me an XLT kit or short kit. Ordered the UFO but canceled the order after a couple of months of waiting. Who offers the XLT?
Don at RCAIIR

Paul
Jun 12, 2018, 05:16 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22
What's the main difference between the two that you like? What makes the XLT better?

Jun 12, 2018, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Best is subjective, but the order is known. I started a thread about this a while back, see the link below. Plans are available on the internet for pretty much all of his designs if you are willing to build from plans.

Quote:
Indeed it has: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Plane-Lineage

Mark
Jun 12, 2018, 10:40 AM
BTW ... the MAMA MIA is not lined up
Jun 12, 2018, 11:36 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattock
Best is subjective, but the order is known. I started a thread about this a while back, see the link below. Plans are available on the internet for pretty much all of his designs if you are willing to build from plans.

Indeed it has: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Plane-Lineage

Mark
Thanks, I did see that thread back in 2014 but forgot about it.

I think that a UFO will probably be my next project.

Jun 12, 2018, 11:41 AM
Joe is still with us, though not in the best of shape.. He has lost most of his eyesight and is in a home, close to a daughter, in San Jose (CA). When he was here closer to us, (Anaheim area), me and my granddaughters used to go visit and take him to lunch or dinner. Too far for that now, but Masters Degree, Younger College Jr!) call and talk to him, I am sure he can still enjoy talking to young girls.
If you would like to drop a note and thank him for all he did for us, or tell him about your Bridi airplanes, do so at:
Joe Bridi, 1136 S. Mary Ave., Sunnyvale CA94087. Eloy Marez, Model Builder Magazine, etc!!!
Last edited by EloyM; Jun 12, 2018 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Jun 12, 2018, 12:52 PM
Quote:
That type of response is neither very helpful nor kind. You could put links to previous posts like other people do or, post PDF's etc. The forum is a VERY big place and it is nice to help or direct folks navigate it.
Jun 12, 2018, 01:47 PM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Quote:
I think that a UFO will probably be my next project..
Good Choice!

Ralph
Jun 12, 2018, 07:09 PM
I just want to go fly!
my Carolina customs UFO is going to be a new favorite i can tell. dont even have the kit yet but very excited!

Quick Reply