This section of the forum... - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 11, 2018, 01:32 PM
The Mad Titan
Discussion

This section of the forum...

has done more to turn me off of flying than anything the Government or AMA has done. The constant complaining, whining, bickering, chest thumping, armchair quarterbacking, repetition, "shilling" and general negative commenting really makes flying seem like more of a chore/work than a relaxing hobby. Yeah, yeah, I know, just don't visit the section then. The trick is, I like to try and stay informed as to what's going on, changes in rules, updates to on-goings, and there ARE many knowledgeable and in the know folks (or so I think) that post here. But man, you're really tiring too.

That's all, just felt like saying it. Not looking for agreements or disagreements, just a viewpoint from an "outsider"
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2018, 01:45 PM
+1. Lots of coal to sort through to find a diamond or two.
Jun 11, 2018, 02:36 PM

sometimes it does get thick in here...

yeah lately sometimes you would have to wear waders and boots cause of how thick "IT" gets in here at times and maybe a airbreather also.
Jun 11, 2018, 03:31 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
has done more to turn me off of flying than anything the Government or AMA has done. The constant complaining, whining, bickering, chest thumping, armchair quarterbacking, repetition, "shilling" and general negative commenting really makes flying seem like more of a chore/work than a relaxing hobby. Yeah, yeah, I know, just don't visit the section then. The trick is, I like to try and stay informed as to what's going on, changes in rules, updates to on-goings, and there ARE many knowledgeable and in the know folks (or so I think) that post here. But man, you're really tiring too.

That's all, just felt like saying it. Not looking for agreements or disagreements, just a viewpoint from an "outsider"
That's why most just tune out drone news stories and all these confusing (and conflicting) rules and just keep on flying. If I am doing something wrong than some official with a FAA badge will tell we what I need to do differently. Actually that's the most practical approach to all this.

Jun 11, 2018, 03:37 PM
Its suppose to smoke like that
amen brother. Its a hobby, not a full time job for most. Use common sense and HAVE FUN
Jun 11, 2018, 04:45 PM
I agree and I rarely look past the first page of replies. After that there seems to be little practical information.
Jun 11, 2018, 04:57 PM
New at this whole life thing
4 or 5 people pretty much own this playground, and they have their own little fight club. I glance in once and a while for new topics, as the real information can usually be found in the first couple of posts. After that the cerebral chest thumping begins. Honestly I’m getting pretty fed up with RCG altogether, and I don’t think it is well moderated. I’ve seen them let some things go way too far, and I question their motives. I wouldn’t miss it if I got kicked off for stating this either. One thing that will NEVER be a requirement to fly would be to belong to RCG.
Jun 11, 2018, 05:05 PM
I put a couple of the main posters here on my "ignore" list and it has made a world of difference. One of them suggested that I do so a couple of years ago after a little back-and-forth and it was a great idea...
Jun 11, 2018, 08:10 PM
I pop in from time to time and even waste my time responding to some points I consider ridiculous. Mostly I look around to see what the gubment is trying to do to us next regardless of a few "special" opinions just to stay informed. As the president of a small club that's just inside the 5 mile circle of an airport I feel like it's my responsibility to at least stay up to date with the legislation and regulations. Beyond that it has ZERO impact on my flying and building activities.
Jun 11, 2018, 11:46 PM
Its suppose to smoke like that
As a hobby flyer i just want relax in the evenings doing some flying, if that takes regulation, exemptions, permits, or any additional fees other than the cost of this hobby, well then we may as well all switch to knitting and puzzles. Im a common sense hobby flyer, not a kid with a drone seeing if i can get a picture of a boeing in flight from 30ft away...
Jun 12, 2018, 06:25 AM
As is the case in many things (e.g. the news) there is a lot of fear mongering that never pans out. I worked for a couple game and fish agencies and talked with many more. Seems like every state is accused of stocking rattlesnakes, that if the state stocks your pond you have to let anyone fish, that electrofishing sterilizes fish (we used it to collect brood fish for spawning) and on and on. None of these are true but that doesn't stop the stories being passed from generation to generation. There is something in the human psyche that wants to worry and/or fight. Then again, there are folks like the posters here that only worry when they must...the rest of the time their mission is to enjoy life.

I would rather tell the Pearly Gate Keeper that life was a blast rather than tell him I wasted it.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 07:11 AM
Appowner834
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation).
Jun 12, 2018, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appowner834
At the risk of starting something. I don't understand why all you AMA pundits do is attack anyone who dares to speak ill of the AMA. Why donít you present your own reasoned arguments? I donít recall seeing any so there canít have been many if any offered before. So why canít you take Franklins comments and refute them logically? Is it too hard for you? Is it beyond your abilities?

Or is it that you recognize the truth of the matter?
LOL give any reasoned argument and they ignore the logic. Show them a link to a law or regulation that disproves it and they say it doesn't say what I think it does. Then they try to explain it by ignoring basic English sentence structure or even ignore obvious definitions. No point to doing so as it is a waste of time. Still I try from time to time. For entertainment purposes I guess. There twisted logic is humorous.
Jun 12, 2018, 08:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
LOL give any reasoned argument and they ignore the logic. .....
I must have missed that. I've seen very little logic from all but a very few.
Jun 12, 2018, 08:30 AM
Quote:
basic English
there you go, So Pathetic
Quote:
There twisted

Quick Reply