Jun 10, 2018, 04:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Linear actuator update

Dear Shipmates, I think my previous thread was too imprecise so _background- I have a type 21 German boat just under 7ft,13.5 kilos with all usual controls with 1 litre PISTON tank proportional. At the moment I have ballast piece of long oblong lead which is

contrnollable from trans but I need it to be PROPORTIONABLE I am struggling to get the right size disk in with the hall sensors because of size restrictions is there another way of doing it? I have access to 15 prop channels using 8 at moment but prob go up to 10 . Reasons for this- achieving more realist forward dives - as long as I keep speed down but main reasin is to contol moving boat at different depths , turns, keeping boat level etc etc etc. I know this possibly goes against the KISS principle but hey hoe nothing ventured nothing gained!? Sorry the ballast runs along base of sub in track track is about 2 ft and ballast is about .5 pound at moment general opinions or specific greatly appreciated thank you Best wishes to all clivethurgood@gmail.com
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2018, 02:06 PM
I had developed this one for a dynamic diver. Slant cut gear minimizes the slop. You can use the same concept for bigger servos.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2451585
Jun 26, 2018, 06:58 AM
Can you perhaps use a winch servo?

Quick Reply