Jul 08, 2018, 05:45 AM
USA, SC, Lexington
Thanks for taking us on your trip Victor. What a beautiful sky to drive home in.
How did your plane perform, are you pleased the way it is or will you make a design change?
-WR
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2018, 03:00 PM
Yes I loved the sky and therefore did a shot.
I'm slightly tired after 12 hours of driving to talk serious about plane now.
As for food, Greg, you're right about donuts and Pepsi. Not sure you can find analogs of the rest in yours fast food.
Soup is summer soup, okroshka in Russian. Fried thing is meat dumplings (may be), pelmeni in Russian.
And, to be true, I'm not a world class athlete/pilot. I do hold the epoxy in my hands more often, than TX. I'm sure I can improve if fly much more than now.
Jul 08, 2018, 11:59 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorF

I'm not a world class athlete/pilot. I do hold the epoxy in my hands more often, than TX. I'm sure I can improve if fly much more than now.

But You are World Class Craftsman
Thank You for sharing.
Yuri
Jul 09, 2018, 01:26 AM
Thanks Yuri.
Looked Altis data logs this morning. We had challenging weather, low level thermals was hard to find and easy to lost. Therefore takeoff altitude was mostly 100 to 200m.
Log of round 5 show it all. Several find and lost, then making the time catching a bubble at landing approach.
One more log is round 7, where midair happened. We danced together down to 25 meters, then my vis-a-vis failed with broken boom. I started to gain some altitude, but looking at that ugly twisted up wing tip I decided for landing and reflight if possible.
Fortunately I was able for 10 minutes express repair. Not solid but flyable.
Looking at the wing damage I can confirm, that joining areas I did, structurally is OK, tip was broken about 2 cm further from servo pocket.
Last edited by ViktorF; Jul 09, 2018 at 01:33 AM.
Jul 09, 2018, 08:11 AM
I think now is time for posting the spec to know what we are talking about.
After going through two competitions, the first one was in May in Lviv (Ukraine, Wilga Cup), I can't say that my plane loses something in comparisson to the Supra, Maxa, Explorer etc in current weather conditions. It can speckout from the bubble and can fall in a minutes in a sink the same way as big bro's do.
Most of loses was my own, not the plane.
May be it will lose at the hanging, but again, I've checked it's able to make time in inactive evening air.
Jul 09, 2018, 03:33 PM
Of course, one person opinion is nothing.
Now I make parts for four planes, they almost done in raw, just one mid set on the way.
Well one already maiden.
But the rest planes must go for decent price. Three now and may be some more in august or september.
When airborned we can talk further about how good/bad it is.
So gentlemen's, show up your interests via PM please.
Experienced persons are preferable.
Jul 10, 2018, 02:39 AM
Green/yellow wing. Lightest one.
Jul 10, 2018, 02:45 AM
Screenshot of the orange set.
Jul 10, 2018, 03:40 AM
Yellow tips. They are strong.
Midpanels to do.
Jul 10, 2018, 08:34 AM
Very nice Viktor!
Jul 10, 2018, 08:40 AM
Oleg Golovidov
I am happy to announce that I have a preliminary agreement with Victor about distributing Viator in the USA, Canada, South America region!

I will be getting the first sample (the green+yellow one) and building it myself soon. I will post my build pics and impressions of course.

If anybody wants to get an early sample from the above posted pics for testing at an introductory (reduced) price, please email me (oleg.golovidov@gmail.com).
Jul 13, 2018, 07:23 AM
Pretty small shipping boxes.
Jul 24, 2018, 10:47 AM
... but well made, good protection for the glider parts.
Jul 24, 2018, 11:14 AM

What you will find inside the box:

Fuselage in 2 parts : 116 grams
Tails: 40 grams
Joiner and hardware: 83 grams
Right tip: 69 grams
Left tip: 71 grams
Right central: 136 grams
Left central: 132 grams
...Kit weight: 655 grams (including 2 steel control rods missing from previous list).
I wanted a kit made with spread tow / textreme with a little bit more resin so probably a normal kit is around 600 grams or less.
Additional weights:
- Turnigy D2836 1100 KV with spinner and 12x6 : 100 grams
- servos: 100 grams (50 grams for wing servos, 40 grams for tail servos, 10 grams for servo frames).
- receiver and ESC: 45 grams
- LiPo: 100 grams.
My target AUW is around 1000 grams - build log in a separate topic.
Jul 24, 2018, 11:30 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thanks for posting the pics!!!
I would prefer that you post your build report/pics here.
Easier to search for information in one thread.

I received mine also yesterday!
I will post a few pics later too.

Quick Reply