Jun 09, 2018, 07:34 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Discussion

Anthony ‘No White People Allowed’ Bourdain Dead At 61

Quote:
http://theredelephants.com/anthony-w...rdain-dead-61/

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, who once banned white people from his show in Houston and told TMZ that he would serve poison if he was asked to cater food for Trump, killed himself in a French hotel room. This is the second high-profile suicide of a U.S. celebrity this week. He was 61.

Bourdain had reportedly been in Strasbourg, France working on an upcoming episode of his food and travel show, which was in its 11th season.

Although Bourdain’s mother was Jewish, he said he was raised “without religion.”

Bourdain stated that his childhood home was both French-Catholic due to his father and Jewish due to his mother. In 2013 when filming in Jerusalem he said that he was raised without religion. “I’ve never been in a synagogue. I don’t believe in a higher power. But that doesn’t make me any less Jewish.”

Clyde
Jun 09, 2018, 07:43 AM
Already been mourned: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...thony-Bourdain
Jun 09, 2018, 07:49 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Well, I'm not mourning, I'm celebrating, big difference in the articles yes??? One says what a nice guy, the other tells of complete and utter evil.

Clyde
Jun 09, 2018, 07:57 AM
Closed Account
It would be interesting to see whether people would mourn or celebrate, if your obituary would feature all your opening posts….
Jun 09, 2018, 08:01 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967
It would be interesting to see whether people would mourn or celebrate, if your obituary would feature all your opening posts….
I don't actively encourage the elimination of a race of people as he did.

I do encourage the elimination of a religion, how it's done is irrelevant.

Oh, BTW, I had no idea who this guy was until I started seeing about his timely death.

Clyde
Last edited by kenpoprofessor; Jun 09, 2018 at 10:01 AM.
Jun 09, 2018, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
I don't actively encourage the elimination of a race of people as he did.

I do encourage the elimination of a religion, how it's done is irrelevant.

Clyde
I was in Houston at that time and remember the race baiter that "claimed the no white people allowed". "Bourdain tells the New Yorker that he wanted to look at Houston “as a Vietnamese and Central American and African and Indian place". The claimant was upset that he didn't have any of the WHITE acclaimed chefs from Houston on that episode.

What was wrong with him showcasing other cultures?
Jun 09, 2018, 08:12 AM
This kind of racism gets you more tv jobs, while Roseanne's gets you fired. I wonder what the difference is?
Jun 09, 2018, 08:13 AM
The guy has plenty of shows full of white chefs. He makes one episode with no white chefs in it and now he is a racist?
Jun 09, 2018, 08:34 AM
Didn't this guy say he couldn't wait until all white people die off ? Thats pretty racist and for sure comes from his mothers side...
Jun 09, 2018, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
Well, I'm not mourning, I'm celebrating, big difference in the articles yes??? One says what a nice guy, the other tells of complete and utter evil.

Clyde
Okay - I can see the value in have a mourning and not-mourning exemption to the preferred one-thread-per-topic standard. Carry on....
Jun 09, 2018, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Okay - I can see the value in have a mourning and not-mourning exemption to the preferred one-thread-per-topic standard. Carry on....
Whats to mourn ? I already know how to cook....
Jun 09, 2018, 09:18 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Apparently, by all accounts, not just Bourdain saying so, was an excellent line cook, even a decent head chef. Also a decent writer of self-reflection.

Where Bourdain ran into problems is his political and social musings. He was a tough kid from an east coast city that chose a culinary school as a break-out move from the streets that wrote a pretty cool book about the day-to-day life of a New York cook.

His remaining books are 'ok', but Kitchen Confidential was definitely written at the right time, spiced with just enough suggestive gossip to push it to a best seller.

Last edited by Cyberdactyl; Jun 09, 2018 at 09:23 AM.
Jun 09, 2018, 09:21 AM
Corn PoP am a bad dude
The term, "Better off dead" comes to mind here, as, we're better off now that he's dead.
I stopped watching him about six years ago due to his arrogant, snotty, and pissy attitude. The picture of him having a beer with one of the Choom gang dopers is validation that my character assessment, at least to me, was correct .
Latest blog entry: My first blog entry
Jun 09, 2018, 10:14 AM
Orange Lives Matter!
Never heard of this clown, he was that important.
Jun 09, 2018, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
Didn't this guy say he couldn't wait until all white people die off ? Thats pretty racist and for sure comes from his mothers side...
I don’t think he did. I would be interested in why you believe he did.

Quick Reply