Sep 21, 2018, 06:58 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
basically its the fuse kits that align used to offer, with an align or align clone chassis and a quad based FC unit, whatever the next thing after the CC3D was - is if I remember right. Betting its setting up the FC unit thats the hiccup........ everything else is proven off the shelf stuff........

heck I have the air wolf shell here now in a very long build queue........ just cant seem to get back to it......
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2018, 07:52 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
I suspect perhaps too optimistic a price point given the labour needed, if each heli is going to have to be not just “test flown” but flying nicely out of the box.

That is a very subjective thing, though, isn’t it? One man’s flight settings may not be another’s.

I wonder how they’re going to account for that. If I remember, the idea in that video was to make helis accessible to the likes of non heli folk. They’re still going to have to learn their FBL.
Sep 21, 2018, 11:54 AM
I think the 'flying nicely' number would probably amount to checking that all gain dials have been set to 6-o'clock and a quick spool-up hover, at best.

As an aside, I am not sure that I am that keen on someone else scuffing my brand new heli on its first flight

I've also been thinking that most of us would strip down and re-assemble it to our own satisfaction, anyway - so perhaps they might be better off just marketing a 'scale combo' ARTF.
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Sep 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM.
Sep 21, 2018, 01:39 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan
My problem with all this is how well will it fly with every radio that's out there?? I have futaba and flysky . Does this mean I need to put my own radio receiver in there and how do i reset the settings to make it fly again as it did at the factory ?
I am really hoping they sell just the fuselage . I have plenty of v2 and pro450s that i could use .
And the video said early summer, so that isn't happening .
Sep 21, 2018, 01:44 PM
rc user
that's the thing, scale guys are usually advanced in the hobby and want to customize their setup, especially at higher price points. they usually have plenty of gear sitting around too and just need the fuse.
Sep 21, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
My problem with all this is how well will it fly with every radio that's out there?? I have futaba and flysky . Does this mean I need to put my own radio receiver in there and how do i reset the settings to make it fly again as it did at the factory ?
I am really hoping they sell just the fuselage . I have plenty of v2 and pro450s that i could use .
And the video said early summer, so that isn't happening .
I think you are right Jombo - my feeling is that the new marketing fellow jumped the gun a bit. I just don't see that all that was promised is viable at the expected price level.

I really would like to see it all happen though and my finger is poised to place an order for the Huey - providing the price is still in the region that has been suggested.

On the radio front I am OK since I only use Spektrum - other than for the V950 WLT 'cheapy', which is not that bad and does the job well enough for a park fun fly/throw around.
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Sep 21, 2018 at 02:18 PM.
Sep 21, 2018, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
that's the thing, scale guys are usually advanced in the hobby and want to customize their setup, especially at higher price points. they usually have plenty of gear sitting around too and just need the fuse.
Exactly - I was planning on getting the Huey purely for being able to set about adding more scale detail around an already built heli. At the price that has been suggested, it would be a fun winter project.
Sep 21, 2018, 10:41 PM
Checking around, there aren't really anymore scale fuse options. RC Aerodyne basically has nothing, and Align models are out of stock except for a couple. HK quit selling their models too. I'm glad I bought my Augusta a109 from RC Aerodyne when I did.

If Motion does release some scale stuff, they'll be mostly the only game in town for the scale folks.
Sep 21, 2018, 11:12 PM
rc user
it's irritating that Align has a decent looking and affordable F3C fuse for the 250 size but nothing else.
http://www.aligntrexstore.com/T-Rex-...1-_p_1867.html

i guess the closest thing would the "speed" fuse, but IMO the F3C looks better.
Sep 22, 2018, 03:41 AM
SuperDave
Guys, check out the latest post (#69) from MotionRC on the hobbysquawk forum. That where they're posting their "official updates". No additional price/ availability information, but at least they're still working on it.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...icopters/page4

SuperDave
Sep 22, 2018, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
it's irritating that Align has a decent looking and affordable F3C fuse for the 250 size but nothing else.
http://www.aligntrexstore.com/T-Rex-...1-_p_1867.html

i guess the closest thing would the "speed" fuse, but IMO the F3C looks better.
I have that and its a paperweight with all the extra wires for the fbl head . If you kept it flybar then yes it would fly
Sep 23, 2018, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblejeune
Guys, check out the latest post (#69) from MotionRC on the hobbysquawk forum. That where they're posting their "official updates". No additional price/ availability information, but at least they're still working on it.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...icopters/page4

SuperDave
Looks like they are being careful before releasing. Funny they mentioned filming each one before selling (releasing?). I'd love to have a Vietnam era war heli, just cool looking. I'm definitely looking forward to these when they come out.
Sep 24, 2018, 02:15 PM
If their not out by next month in fuselage or arf I'll make my own . Haven't made a mould in a while but cant be too hard to figure out.
Oct 10, 2018, 04:02 PM
Web pages are up! https://www.motionrc.com/collections...on-helicopters
Oct 10, 2018, 04:49 PM
SuperDave
They seem to be using the brand RotorScale instead of Admiral. We'll see if they stick with that. May need to start a new thread.

SuperDave

Quick Reply