Jun 08, 2018, 11:55 PM
DFS#000178
Thread OP
Discussion

Admiral 450 PNP scale Helis

I'm not a heli guy but these look really good.

A Day At TiredIron Aviation - Motion RC Extra (21 min 46 sec)

6 scale PNP 450-size helis. Some have retracts. Helis are flybarless and stabilized. In the video, it looks like they're flying cheap 6s 1600MAh packs.

These look like they're going to be a whole lot of fun!

Motion says they'll have more info soon. I'm eagerly waiting. I just hope they're not crazy expensive.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2018, 04:22 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Heli stuff starts at 11:05 thereabouts.
Jun 09, 2018, 10:41 AM
rc user
the details are what make scale helis. at 11:38 the mousetrap speed retracts spoil it for me. but i think that's an easy fix if you have a Tx with servo speed adjustment.
ha, they seem rather proud of it, showing again at 11:44. looks like a frogs tongue or reef creature grabbing a fish

another thought- 12:57- is that an 1100mah lipo? hopefully it's 6S or else flight time is gonna be short.

on a positive note, it's good to see new stuff coming out, especially unique things like this smaller scale.
Jun 09, 2018, 11:11 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Just prior to the time stamp I posted there was a mention of XK. I wonder who makes these 450s.
Jun 09, 2018, 11:30 AM
rc user
check Ali and ebay, they will probably turn up sooner or later.
Jun 09, 2018, 11:34 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
check Ali and ebay, they will probably turn up sooner or later.
I guess. But wow, did you see the amount of scalies those guys had? Planks, no doubt, so I don't know if they're good, but a good load of them...
Jun 09, 2018, 11:38 AM
rc user
yep they look like real enthusiasts
Jun 09, 2018, 05:12 PM
DFS#000178
Thread OP
Yeah the retracts should be able to be slowed down by either an inline slowdown or on the TX. It looks like they're just servo-actuated mechanical retracts.

I'm interested in the Huey so that's not something I'll have to worry about. I wanted the Huey when the Blade SR had it available but all I ever heard was how bad the Blade SR flew. These look great.

They say it's got a Sparky 2.0 flight controller which is an F4 chip. So it should be really good.

Just waiting to see what they're going to go for.
Jun 09, 2018, 06:34 PM
Wow, that is so funny, as I was just noticing that all the scale makers had dropped out, except for the huge ones. I think one of those Huey's is going to make its way to my hanger. The fact that they are plug - n -play is fantastic too, and makes this much easier to get into.
Jun 09, 2018, 08:52 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Yeah the retracts should be able to be slowed down by either an inline slowdown or on the TX. It looks like they're just servo-actuated mechanical retracts.

I'm interested in the Huey so that's not something I'll have to worry about. I wanted the Huey when the Blade SR had it available but all I ever heard was how bad the Blade SR flew. These look great.

They say it's got a Sparky 2.0 flight controller which is an F4 chip. So it should be really good.

Just waiting to see what they're going to go for.
I wanted the HH/Blade Huey too, but ... I guess like yourself the SR bit was a bit of a turn off.

That said, I think from what I remember, the Blade Huey was more detailed on the cosmetics compared to this one here, and also more fragile, being also smaller. This MotionRc Huey will be the one to watch. Executionwise. Let’s see if the tail is good, they’ve raised it and it looks like it’s driven from the main motor unlike the SR. The fuse looks a little bare, tbh, but I guess prototypes. Price, too, as you say. I’m guessing US$799. I’m not sure the factory testing will be done in the US, will it?
Jun 09, 2018, 09:23 PM
rc user
799, Ouch. I'm all for supporting a North America reseller but that's not feasible for me.
Jun 09, 2018, 09:30 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Eh, that’s just my (not very good) guess. Haven’t bought anything in ages but I think align’s 470 rtf here is something like €560 here last I checked a few weeks ago.
Jun 09, 2018, 09:52 PM
rc user
yeah that puts it in perspective. the 470 isn't much less.(than your estimate)

I built most of my helis from pieces and parts, picking up used bits or ebay/hobbyking specials, never absorbing a big hit all at once.
makes it less painful spending the money
Jun 09, 2018, 10:06 PM
Hi all, I’ve been collaborating with Motion RC for some time on this project, and I can assure you that the target price is nowhere near that. Target price will be well south of $400. Motion will be publishing more details and product pages soon.

These are some very nice Helis, and an extremely exciting project. They are very nice fliers, with quality mechanics, and fiberglass fuselages. I can’t say much more at the moment, but look forward to more info soon!
Jun 10, 2018, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart
Hi all, I’ve been collaborating with Motion RC for some time on this project, and I can assure you that the target price is nowhere near that. Target price will be well south of $400. Motion will be publishing more details and product pages soon.
Glad to hear that. $799 would've been a non-starter for me. $400 (or less) I'll do for a scale 450 heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart
These are some very nice Helis, and an extremely exciting project. They are very nice fliers, with quality mechanics, and fiberglass fuselages. I can’t say much more at the moment, but look forward to more info soon!
Even better sounding there!! Personally I'm pretty excited to hear about this and am really looking forward to the launch of them.

Quick Reply