Jul 15, 2018, 06:14 PM
Where is the lift?
Congrats to Ali, Don and Rick!

Those flyoff scores look a lot like the Vegas flyoff scores. Interesting

Charlie
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2018, 07:32 PM
Team Futaba
No lie!! Winning a round with a 4 minute flight!!!!
Jul 15, 2018, 10:19 PM
Team Hello Kitty

Final scores posted

Others can give details but here are a few quickies. This year's Hollister F5J pilot count was impacted by the wind forecasts. In spite of that it was BIG on challenge, a chance to see some amazing and gutsy flights, and a great way to pick up strategy tips. Quite a range of conditions both days: calm to light breezes until mid day, then the gusty winds gradually turned on. Ultralight planes flew early both days. CD Don McCullough and many SBSS club members were out in force helping to run the contest--what a great bunch! I feel fortunate to have been there.

You can view the final scores on gliderscore.com (click on "Online Scores") or in the PDFs below (FYI the posted scores on Gliderscore.com are not permanent, hence the posting here).

Dave Murphy you were in our thoughts throughout the event. Get well.

Chris
Jul 21, 2018, 01:32 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC

Winner Photos

Here are pictures of the event and flyoff winners. Thanks to Kyle Hurlbut for taking these.

Flying Field shot
Ali Khani - First
Don McCullough - Second
Rick Johnston - Third
Aric Wilmunder - Fourth
Claude Turner - Fifth
Ali - Lowest Launch
Lowest Launch award

Thanks to the SBSS members for providing much need help, great burritos, drinks, trophies, supplies, line judging, and patience. Special thanks to my co-CD and master of F5J equipment, Chris. This would not have happened without Dave Murphy organizing and initiating this event.

Don
Jul 22, 2018, 03:59 AM
Thanks Don, Chris, Tim and all the SBSS crew for a fun event. Thanks Dave Murphy for initiating the contest and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Rick
Jul 25, 2018, 02:25 AM
I guess that nothing on the internet is truly permanent. I just reviewed the server usage and currently it is 9MB with a 500MB (free) limit. So there's lots of room for a lot of comps for a long time. The 9MB includes Private comps that aren't viewable. My thinking is to keep this under review and when space needs to be freed up it will be the oldest Private comps that go first. I will see if I can automate this process.

Originally there was code that removed any comp older than (I think) 90 days. That was removed some time ago when a proper measure of server space required became available. Currently comps aren't removed unless you do it yourself.

As of right now you can expect that your Public comps will be on Gliderscore for years to come.

Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
Others can give details but here are a few quickies. This year's Hollister F5J pilot count was impacted by the wind forecasts. In spite of that it was BIG on challenge, a chance to see some amazing and gutsy flights, and a great way to pick up strategy tips. Quite a range of conditions both days: calm to light breezes until mid day, then the gusty winds gradually turned on. Ultralight planes flew early both days. CD Don McCullough and many SBSS club members were out in force helping to run the contest--what a great bunch! I feel fortunate to have been there.

You can view the final scores on gliderscore.com (click on "Online Scores") or in the PDFs below (FYI the posted scores on Gliderscore.com are not permanent, hence the posting here).

Dave Murphy you were in our thoughts throughout the event. Get well.

Chris
Jul 25, 2018, 09:43 AM
Team Hello Kitty
That is great news Gerry, thanks for the info and especially thanks for such great support. Your GliderScore has made a huge difference in F5J--much easier for CDs.

Quick Reply