Jun 07, 2018, 08:14 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Thread OP
Help!

Need help, slightly off topic

Hi guys, sorry to post this in a scratch-build thread, but as I see no thread for this size commercially available aircraft.

Anyway, I acquired two DJAerocraft 'Road Kill series planes along with a bunch of other kits etc, but alas, there are no instructions or plans for either one. The kits are the Road Kill Spitfire and the Road Kill Corsair. I am sure I could build these kits and anybody with kit building experience could, but somebody with less experience might not be able to and I would like to sell these very nice little kits.

I have contacted Joe at DJAerocraft, but they are not sure they still have them unless they are on an old computer the other partner has.

So.. if any of you guys have a copy have copies of them and could make copies of them for me. I do not think the guys would mind.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2018, 08:34 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
Wow, there's a blast from the past!

It's "DJ Aerotech" not "DJ Aerocraft", so if you google "DJ Aerotecht RoadKill" you'll find some threads (from the turn of the century ) that may help.

You can also try the "Wayback Machine" - http://archive.org/web/ and see if DJ had instructions on their website back then.

Good luck!
Jun 08, 2018, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Thank you.. and you are correct, it is DJ Aerotech and I knew that, I guess just one more 'senior moment!!

SteveT.
Jun 08, 2018, 08:19 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
Not quite a manual, but pretty close - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...he-DJ-Aerotech
Jun 08, 2018, 08:37 PM
Steve, I'm the "D" in DJ Aerotech, and if we still have those plans, they are in one of my old computers. I'm doing some archaeology, and hopefully I can find the files to print out a set for you. I'm a world-class pack rat, so there's a reasonable chance they're around here, I just need to find them.
Jun 08, 2018, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Don!! It really is appreciated!!

SteveT.
Jun 08, 2018, 08:44 PM
Nice! And a pack rat still has a bunch of these kits lying around...….. Wishful thinking!!
Jun 08, 2018, 08:46 PM
Thread OP
As noted, I have two, The Corsair and the Spitfire..

SteveT.
Jun 13, 2018, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan
Nice! And a pack rat still has a bunch of these kits lying around...….. Wishful thinking!!
If you are looking for these, I'll have a look in the basement tonight. I know I had a Sopwith Camel and another one unless I sold them and forgot about it.

The RX brick and micro brushless out of almost any of the Horizon umx series would be perfect for these kits.
Jun 13, 2018, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
Thanks..

SteveT.
Jun 14, 2018, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff
If you are looking for these, I'll have a look in the basement tonight. I know I had a Sopwith Camel and another one unless I sold them and forgot about it.

The RX brick and micro brushless out of almost any of the Horizon umx series would be perfect for these kits.
I have the Spowith Camel and the Jenny. Both complete. The Camel gearbox has been assembled, but nothing else started on either one. If anyone wants them, send me a PM.
Jun 14, 2018, 08:26 PM
Steve, my archaeological search was successful, I found the old RK series Cad files, including the instructions for those first six warbirds (those were drawn on CAD, the later ones all used color photos). Now I just need to figure out how to print them out on my present printer.

Can you send me your mailing address through the "technical" link on our website?

Thanks!
Jun 14, 2018, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Yes sir... I certainly will, and I thank you.

SteveT.

Quick Reply