Oct 15, 2019, 05:56 AM
Ahh ok, cool thanks guys.

So on my own models, which I'm LOS only with sailplanes, if I do a low power range check to the point of signal loss and see what the RSSI figure is, how much higher should I then set my warnings?

Of course I know the link will always be further than I can see the model, just would use it as a warning to know if I need to adjust my antenna install at all.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2019, 05:00 AM
RC fanatic
Got feedback from Richard at T9HobbySport yesterday as a follow up from my reports of poor range with R-XSR running Access. He says that he has done his own range testing since my report and concurs with my findings, so has reported this to Frsky. Will be interested to see how they respond.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Oct 20, 2019, 03:10 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorro
I had the same issues with bad RSSI on an R-XSR.

I thought what the hell, cut those antenna connectors and I direct soldered the antennas to the receiver. Kind of fiddly but it works.
My guess is that those tiny connectors are rubbish and/or add a lot of attenuation.

Now my RSSI is damn good for 2.4GHz system. One kilometer range is no problem.

You could be onto something. I did notice on some recently made FrSky receivers, that the tiny antenna connectors are no longer gold plated but some blank metal color ones. These might affect the signal.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 23, 2019, 04:46 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
No more R-XSR for me untill this is fully solved. Just had another failsafe at less than 100m, with different quad, different radio and different receiver than the previous crash. The only common item is that both quads have R-XSR and RSSI drops to 45% within 100m distance, in open field, no wifi signals or other disturbances. Also the other crash was at a different location, which proves the flying spot can't be blamed. And never had any fail safe on same location with XM+ or older generation R-XSR.

Just flew on the same spot with another quad with also R-XSR, no low signal or crash, even though I flew 3 times as far, and at low altitude, to make conditions the worst possible. Yet flawless on this R-XSR, but on the other one, crash.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 23, 2019 at 05:20 AM.
Nov 02, 2019, 07:32 AM
I'm struggling with my RXSR for a while now on my larva x. Using a QX7 I get fail-safes in close and long rang. I tried everything:
-latest xjt and RXSR Firmware
-relocate antennas to the canopy
-f.port instead sbus
-1-8ch mode
-different tx port on FC

Last thing I did, was binding without telemetry with 8ch mode. So far no fail-safes, but had not much time to test.
Also I mounted a 470mF capacitor to the XT30 connector to prevent brownouts, since I had the feeling that it occurred more often when using 2s batteries.

BTW, I have another RXSR that has same issues on different quad (tyro 129). Other RX working without issues (x4r, l9r) on my wings, so xjt module has to be ok??
These problems seem to be only occure on beta flight, I tested the RXSR on parrot disco, no fail-safes?!?!
On the tyro I switched to R9M, no more fail-safes at all.
Did anyone ever solved this stupid issue, Wich seems to be common on RXSR.
I ordered a XM+ for testing.

I will post video from the fail-safes, you clearly see that rssi is always 60+ and link quality drops from 6-8 to 0 triggering a rxloss?? failsafe.
Nov 02, 2019, 07:48 AM
I think there is meant to be new FW coming for the RXSR since Frsky now know about the issues. I saw it posted on another forum.
Nov 02, 2019, 08:07 AM
Hope they will also update the fw for ACCST users like me.
Do you have a link to this information?
Nov 02, 2019, 01:49 PM
https://frsky.co.uk/forum/frsky-r-xs...cess/#post-165

Scroll down to bottom, Richard from T9 says new FW coming. No idea if it's ACCESS or ACCST though.
Nov 02, 2019, 02:11 PM
Here are 2 Videos from today, where you cleary see at 2:55 that rssi is @70+ and link quality (upper left corner) drops to 0:
Larva X Failsafe 1 (4 min 23 sec)

Larva X Failsafe 2 (4 min 44 sec)

So even with D16 (1-8ch) and no telemetry still failsafing!? Capacitor didnīt help at all. I have no more ideas what to do. Maybe up or downgrade Betaflight?!?!
Nov 02, 2019, 03:24 PM
Those voltages look pretty low, you sure you ain't running your packs till they're dead?

I wouldn't cross post either.
Nov 03, 2019, 11:37 AM
Please check my last post, I think I found the issue for all those failsafes on the RXSR:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post43083405

Has anybody contact to Frksy here?? Thats pure insanity, that this issue has never been adressed since 2017. Imagine how many quads fell from sky an got brocken, just because thereīs a stupid bug !

Quick Reply