Parrot Anafi 4K Drone - RC Groups

Parrot Anafi 4K Drone

It's hard to think that the DJI Mavic drones will have a serious competitor, but on paper the new Parrot Anafi is poised to take a crack at it.

Splash

Impressive!

It's hard to think that the DJI Mavic drones will have a serious competitor, but on paper the new Parrot Anafi is poised to take a crack at it. The Anafi is a small portable drone with a 4K camera and some impressive features. It's listed at a price of just $699 and availability is slated for early July.

It's going to take more than just a great price to compete and the Anafi delivers with a 4K HDR camera, 3 axis gimbal that offers 180 degree of tilt motion and a 2.8X lossless zoom feature. Ok, that's impressive as long as the quality of the images are up to snuff, but we won't know that until we get our hands on one. Anafi can fold up to fit in a bag for easy travel and it boasts 25 minute flight times as well as being resistant to harsh weather conditions. It also features artificial intelligence with automated flight modes available to capture stunning shots. The more I read about this thing, the more impressive it sounds. Parrot has been kind of a toy drone maker previously, but now with the Anafi, they are targeting more serious drone pilots. We can't wait to fly one and see how the Anafi performs in the real world.

Learn more about the Parrot Anafi 4K Drone Here

Jun 07, 2018, 10:53 AM
First independent hand taking...

https://www.helicomicro.com/2018/06/...rise-en-mains/

IT'S COMING PARROT ANAFI 4K DRONE IT'S HERE (17 min 33 sec)

Parrot Anafi Hands-on First Impressions (11 min 4 sec)
Jun 07, 2018, 02:26 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Does Renatoa like it?
If so, that's a BiG deal!!!!!!
Jun 07, 2018, 03:48 PM
It certainly suggests some potential to redirect some attention away from a currently popular product.
Jun 07, 2018, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa

thats great news!!!!!!
Jun 07, 2018, 04:53 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
thats great news!!!!!!
Does "Sketched" mean outlined or suggested, more so than actually a drawing or design layout (Communication barrier?). The three posts linked had no attachments of any drawing, thus Sketch? Did I miss something?
Jun 07, 2018, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Does "Sketched" mean outlined or suggested, more so than actually a drawing or design layout (Communication barrier?). The three posts linked had no attachments of any drawing, thus Sketch? Did I miss something?
I don't know, I'm not an expert!
but i do know is that anytime i had issues with my MavicPRO,
you answered them right away

p.s.
I'm preparing for the future, will the new LG G-7 phone work with these two drones?
I don't plan on getting a iphoneX anytime soon.
thanks
Jun 07, 2018, 05:43 PM
Quote:
I don't know, I'm not an expert!
but i do know is that anytime i had issues with my MavicPRO,
you answered them right away

p.s.
I'm preparing for the future, will the new LG G-7 phone work with these two drones?
I don't plan on getting a iphoneX anytime soon.
thanks
Who could say? The LG is too new, if even out at some places, reports are it is barely better than a G6, and that had issues. Again the Parrot isn't marketed yet so the chance of anyone having that and the G7 is darn near 0%. I don't like the specs of the Tablet they made called G7, The Phone G6 had some issues with DJI...But as DJI's App is inherently more complex and advanced in function, if it did run the Go 4, chances are good that it would run Parrots App fine.
Jun 07, 2018, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Who could say? The LG is too new, if even out at some places, reports are it is barely better than a G6, and that had issues. Again the Parrot isn't marketed yet so the chance of anyone having that and the G7 is darn near 0%. I don't like the specs of the Tablet they made called G7, The Phone G6 had some issues with DJI...But as DJI's App is inherently more complex and advanced in function, if it did run the Go 4, chances are good that it would run Parrots App fine.

oooooooooooooouch.
low blow towards the parrot
Jun 07, 2018, 05:49 PM
Quote:
oooooooooooooouch.
low blow towards the parrot
How so? All I said was their Bird isn't out yet, and their App doesn't have to control near what DJI's App does (Occusync..ect)...although someone will try and read further into it.
Jun 07, 2018, 06:22 PM
Critic at Large
It looks like a decent bird...if it works as claimed, they will sell some.

We can't discount DJI's marketing prowess...so Parrot is going to have to UP their game on that end really big. I watched DJI go from "Colin videos" to knowing who was who in virtually every corner of the tech, drone and photo world. It was vast amounts of one to one communication..which Parrot seems to totally lack.

Not to say I'm looking for free stuff (I really have no use...my drones are fine), but about 5 efforts over the years to get in touch with Parrot yielded zilch...and I mean not even a note to say "we don't want reviews"....not a single personal reply.

They are great at marketing vids and pics, tho, but the art of communicating individually with 100's of "influencers" worldwide is not to be overlooked in today's world.

They need to have more public personas - people who represent the brand on Twitter, here, etc - IMHO.

First thing, tho, is to get the drone right. Marketing will only really pay off if the product meets a certain standard first.

Speaking of working....did I miss any convo about this being PX4 based or similar? I don't see them on the Dronecode site as a sponsor.
Jun 07, 2018, 10:21 PM
As this new Parrot drone appears to show promise the DJI attack is game on.
Jun 07, 2018, 11:00 PM
Drone itself looks pretty decent, but the controller looks like a toy...
Jun 08, 2018, 02:16 AM
A "toy" could be better that SC2. At least so I feel the Moga game controller in my hands.

Quick Reply