Jul 07, 2018, 01:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
Last night I converted my Mini Talon running Dragonlink V3 over to this project. It works flawlessy with Dragonlink I can confirm. I am hugely grateful for Eric's hard work and Yaapu's amazing LUA scripting. It is all so good that it makes me want a to get a Horus to benefit from that lovely display....
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. I absolutely agree that that beautiful Horus screen is calling . Anyone want to buy a lightly-used Taranis, or a Radiolink AT9 or a .... ? My wife questions my sanity as these new identical box keep appearing.

Marc, I need to say that Paul put in a huge amount of testing and made a very solid contribution himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, VERSION 1.00 has been released for general use.

Battery capacities may be entered in to yaapu's script for individual models.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2018, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs6buj
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. I absolutely agree that that beautiful Horus screen is calling . Anyone want to buy a lightly-used Taranis, or a Radiolink AT9 or a .... ? My wife questions my sanity as these new identical box keep appearing.

Marc, I need to say that Paul put in a huge amount of testing and made a very solid contribution himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, VERSION 1.00 has been released for general use.

Battery capacities may be entered in to yaapu's script for individual models.
I too may be offering a some of my Tarani for sale (for I have more than one)!
Jul 08, 2018, 04:21 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
I too may be offering a some of my Tarani for sale (for I have more than one)!
Horus on the way Marc???

I built a z84 yesterday for my pal - he's just getting back into RC after about 20yrs, so bought all new kit, including the Taranis Special Edition - I must say I really like the feel of it compared to my standard Taranis Plus - even though I upgraded my gimbals to the T9 ones, the switches on the SE just feel more professional (its a pity the click buttons don't) and over all just feels a nicer radio. Went out flying my new z84 also (this has the Omnibus FC with Ardupilot and the yaapu telemetry screen. I managed to plough it into the ground at considerable force (after making some acro parameter changes which have turned down the responsiveness too much) and cant believe that all it took to fix was a new servo . It ejected the FPV camera and battery (Li-Ion 4 cell I built) and nothing else damaged apart from the random servo fault. So will be flying it again today - albeit with a slightly turned up nose (that's the plane's not mine
Jul 08, 2018, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Horus on the way Marc???

I built a z84 yesterday for my pal - he's just getting back into RC after about 20yrs, so bought all new kit, including the Taranis Special Edition - I must say I really like the feel of it compared to my standard Taranis Plus - even though I upgraded my gimbals to the T9 ones, the switches on the SE just feel more professional (its a pity the click buttons don't) and over all just feels a nicer radio. Went out flying my new z84 also (this has the Omnibus FC with Ardupilot and the yaapu telemetry screen. I managed to plough it into the ground at considerable force (after making some acro parameter changes which have turned down the responsiveness too much) and cant believe that all it took to fix was a new servo . It ejected the FPV camera and battery (Li-Ion 4 cell I built) and nothing else damaged apart from the random servo fault. So will be flying it again today - albeit with a slightly turned up nose (that's the plane's not mine
I am definitely leaning in that direction. The only thing that gives me pause is it is allegedly not as comfortable to hold. I think the display really is compelling though. It is almost a replacement for a GCS if you are not flying missions.

I too am going the Z84 Omnibus/Ardupilot route -- with ChibOS though.
Jul 09, 2018, 09:05 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
I am definitely leaning in that direction. The only thing that gives me pause is it is allegedly not as comfortable to hold. I think the display really is compelling though. It is almost a replacement for a GCS if you are not flying missions.

I too am going the Z84 Omnibus/Ardupilot route -- with ChibOS though.
Yes, I'm. On ChibiOS version now. Flies great in FBWA and Stabilize but in acro, roll is far too slow, even though I increased roll rate to 720deg/sec. Hence my untimely landing!
Jul 10, 2018, 04:46 AM
Thread OP

Additional data on Passthru - copied from GitHub

Hello Eric,
my name is Markus and I am one of the ArduPilot neerds like to fly planes which a lot of telemetry :-)
At current I have a FrSky Horus X12S and a FrSky Taranis x9d+. For the telemetry I use the yaapy lua script from Alex. He was so kind to extend the script that I be able to display also external sensors from the S.Bus.

So far so nice.

Now I like to transfer Mavlink inforamtions to external sensors on the FrSky.
For example the rc in and out values or the air- and groundspeed from the Mission Planer HUD:
I try it with the MavLink_FrSkySPort from Keen (althertop). But there are to many sensors and and it work together with the yaapu. So I ask him how to switch the unneded off. He suggest your new release as a good solution.

I downloaded it in a Teensy 3.2 and select the Air_Mode.
Together with the yaapu script on the x9d+ it runs well a few minutes and then the telemetrie stop.
The receiver is running well, also the S.Bus for the external devices like rpm sensor or batt sensor.
After a restart same issue again.
Also I have a second question.
Is it possible to transfer the rc in, rc out and HUD informations to the external sensors?
Like Alex it did with a few of the sensors in his script.

Cheers, Markus
Jul 10, 2018, 04:47 AM
Thread OP
Hey Markus

I will try to help you with pleasure. From the above I understand two main issues:

When you use the Teensy in Air Mode, together with additional sensors and extended yaapu script, it hangs after a few minutes.
Is it possible to transfer the rc in, rc out and HUD information to the external sensors? By this I understand can we transfer the information to the "DIY" sensor ID 0x5000 range?
It will be difficult for me to test your circumstances, since I don't have your hardware setup. Are you in a position to compile and flash the firmware, and run in debug mode? That means enabling some of the debug #define statements, and observing displayed debug data on the screen.

As for question 2), yes indeed the information is available already from Mavlink, we just need to decide on which 0x5000 ids to use, and define some lean data frames. We should do this in conjunction with the Ardupilot community so that the work is not reinvented again by others.

Cheers
Eric
Jul 10, 2018, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Hey Markus

I will try to help you with pleasure. From the above I understand two main issues:

When you use the Teensy in Air Mode, together with additional sensors and extended yaapu script, it hangs after a few minutes.
Is it possible to transfer the rc in, rc out and HUD information to the external sensors? By this I understand can we transfer the information to the "DIY" sensor ID 0x5000 range?
It will be difficult for me to test your circumstances, since I don't have your hardware setup. Are you in a position to compile and flash the firmware, and run in debug mode? That means enabling some of the debug #define statements, and observing displayed debug data on the screen.

As for question 2), yes indeed the information is available already from Mavlink, we just need to decide on which 0x5000 ids to use, and define some lean data frames. We should do this in conjunction with the Ardupilot community so that the work is not reinvented again by others.

Cheers
Eric
Eric, Markus
I've seen the custom version Eric did but I won't be able to give it a real try until late next week, sorry guys

My idea is to parse the pwn channel frames and expose them as OpenTX variables, this way both the Taranis versions as well as the Horus ones would be able to display them.
Jul 13, 2018, 02:54 PM
Can the project be ported to a Raspberry PI Zero W? It would have integrated WLAN and Bluetooth. That would then be a completely integrated solution...
Jul 13, 2018, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
Can the project be ported to a Raspberry PI Zero W? It would have integrated WLAN and Bluetooth. That would then be a completely integrated solution...
That is quite an interesting idea.
Jul 14, 2018, 05:15 PM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Quote:
Then you can just use Mavproxy and DroneKit.
Jul 19, 2018, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
ha ha. Ok, it sure is an attractive idea. I use WiFiBroadcast with Raspis in the air and on the ground, but I am far from an expert on Rpi development.
Aug 19, 2018, 02:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I got round to looking at this a little more, and cross compiled a few code snippets on my Rpi3B using VisualGDB and VisualStudio. I've also got mavproxy running on the Rpi . We could probably simply pipe mavlink telemetry into a Rpi resident MavTo Passthu routine, and pipe the Frsky telemetry out to a UART. Very much WIP though.
Aug 19, 2018, 02:44 AM
Great thing if that works out ...
Aug 19, 2018, 08:09 AM
Quote:
I got round to looking at this a little more, and cross compiled a few code snippets on my Rpi3B using VisualGDB and VisualStudio. I've also got mavproxy running on the Rpi . We could probably simply pipe mavlink telemetry into a Rpi resident MavTo Passthu routine, and pipe the Frsky telemetry out to a UART. Very much WIP though.
Yes, this would be pretty amazing.

Quick Reply