Mars Parachutes DJI Inspire 2 Pro

The Inspire 2 is an amazing piece of drone technology and is used across the globe by professionals. MARS Parachutes now has a ballistic parachute system for it.

Splash

Add Safety to Your Inspire 2

The Inspire 2 is an amazing piece of drone technology and is used across the globe by professionals. It has incredibly smart systems inside to keep the aircraft safe, but one area it is lacking is redundancy in the propulsion system. With only 4 motors and props, it only takes one broken prop or electronic failure to bring the drone crashing back to earth. While that may be rare, it can and does happen and MARS Parachutes now has a nifty solution to both save your gear and protect people and property on the ground.

MARS Parachutes have been making lightweight drone parachute systems for awhile now so it's no wonder they've released a new mounting system to attach a parachute to the Inspire 2. It's compact, functional and works seamlessly with the I2 to make it easy and convenient for the pilot. It has a one button removal system so you can quickly remove the parachute for battery changes or to pack it up after a long day of filming. The mount is designed to work with the MARS 58 ballistic parachute system which can deploy instantly if a problem arrises. It may be expensive at $609, but I look at it like cheap insurance and it may one day be required by law to have a parachute system when you fly.

Check out the MARS Parachute System for the DJI Inspire 2 Here

Jun 06, 2018, 06:52 PM
Looking at the video I think this is primarily targeted at compliance requirements in countries that require a parachute system like France. The decent speed does not look slow enough to save the aircraft and camera payload. It does look like it would reduce injuries on the ground.
Jun 06, 2018, 07:34 PM
In a worst case scenario, better than nothing. Wow, what a price tag. As a kid, I stuffed parachutes into model rockets. Sometimes for whatever reason, they didn't open.
Jun 06, 2018, 08:13 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Given the cost of Care Refresh and at least the first aircraft covered for less than the whole system, it would take some serious consideration for one to go with the Mars. If like was said that the thing is going to come down and bust anyway. Given the fact that mostly professionals fly the I2 and they are covered by company policy's as well for personal & property damage, the whole thing to me seems a bit more towards mentioned of being a requirement other than its value for saving the aircraft or the unlikelihood of personal injury IMHO.
Jun 08, 2018, 03:55 AM
Whats the chance of sporadic motor/esc/battery failure on an inspire 1 or 2, i have never actually heard of it happening, and if it did, that's probably a 1 or 2 percent case scenario, these birds are reliable like its suppose to be by nature of it's purpose.
Jun 08, 2018, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Photo
Looking at the video I think this is primarily targeted at compliance requirements in countries that require a parachute system like France. The decent speed does not look slow enough to save the aircraft and camera payload. It does look like it would reduce injuries on the ground.
Absolutely. And if you lose a motor/esc/prop (the most likely failure) and the quad is flipping like a crazy thing it's pretty unlikely a chute will deploy successfully anyway.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jun 08, 2018, 07:31 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
So where is the video. ?? Was it that bad that they removed it?

There are other 'chute' systems around but most are quite ungainly by their pure size and cost is above my pay level as are the quads they fit them to.
Jun 08, 2018, 03:41 PM
If your area regulations specify you have to have a parachute recovery system this model adds to the available selections. For those without such requirements there’s little benefit having one.
Dec 31, 2018, 09:42 AM

Mars parachute systems

I agree with the other posts that this system is not something I would use unless mandated by a governing country where it’s a requirement. The fact that the pilot has to manually deploy it and the cumbersome way you have to disengage the system simply to swap your batteries is not a time efficient way to get back up in the air quickly. I have personal property and liability insurance that covers the loss of my drones and that’s enough for me. Along with DJI Refresh Care I believe that I have my drones covered in case they fall from the sky.

Quick Reply