Jun 06, 2018, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New Phoenix P-47 (15-20cc)

It looks like Tower is expanding their selection of Phoenix WarBirds and not only are they carrying the larger 30-35cc P-47 but also the smaller brother in a 15-20cc version. I have that larger model and started a build thread and love everything about it. Anyone else have their eyes set on this smaller version?

I find the 20cc a sweet spot in my Hangar. Not too large but also not too small.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about this version of the P-47.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHAVA&P=ML
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2018, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
xxx
Last edited by squigintx; Jul 08, 2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: reposted to original thread
Feb 11, 2019, 11:02 PM

CG doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigintx
It looks like Tower is expanding their selection of Phoenix WarBirds and not only are they carrying the larger 30-35cc P-47 but also the smaller brother in a 15-20cc version. I have that larger model and started a build thread and love everything about it. Anyone else have their eyes set on this smaller version?

I find the 20cc a sweet spot in my Hangar. Not too large but also not too small.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about this version of the P-47.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHAVA&P=ML
I did my one already. It's a small nice plane. I threw a 20cc on it. My doubt is at CG area. Manual state 99mm or 7" for the CG. Something is wrong cause those measures are way far different one to the other. Can somebody clear this for me?

Frankie
Feb 12, 2019, 09:08 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Have been looking at this one myself. Its in my cart but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. If I do get it I'll be pulling the covering and doing a different scheme - "Arizona Loraine". Would kinda like to see a build thread first but there hasn't really been any traction for this plane since it came out. And... I have several other planes I could, okay, should be working on instead.

Mike
Feb 13, 2019, 09:07 AM
Frankie, I have the Seagull P-47 that has a 63" wingspan, slightly smaller than yours. Similar build with wingtube, wing halves, etc, but not a bubble top. The CG on it is 100 mm measured on the wing along the fuse.

Another check is that warbirds in this size range seem to have a CG at 25% - 33% of the wing chord measured at the fuse.

Nice looking plane. Good luck with it.
Brian
May 30, 2019, 02:30 PM
Anyone have any results with this plane? I'm trying to figure out which warbird I want to get and would love to hear any real world results. One of the negative reviews on Tower talks about the stab incidence being off.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow
Anyone have any results with this plane? I'm trying to figure out which warbird I want to get and would love to hear any real world results. One of the negative reviews on Tower talks about the stab incidence being off.
My review was the negative talk about the off stab incidence at TH. I like challenges so i went to all the adjustments that could be done and i have already 29 flights on it. The little bird turns heads at the field.
Jul 11, 2019, 03:41 PM
Ah gotcha. Well good to hear its fixable. I wound up getting the Phoenix 35cc Warhawk and will probably get the Phoenix 35cc Tbolt too or I'll get the 20cc Seagull Snafu.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply