Jun 05, 2018, 07:11 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
Discussion

Hollister Flight Overview

Just for the heck of it I put a GPS on my FrSky receiver and did some practice flights with my Xplorer.

These were just normal flights, nothing really far out. Take a look at the attached photo, more distance away than I would have thought. About 800M, or 2,600 feet -- or about 1/2 mile. It also records signal strength, at no time was it under 50db (warnings appear at about 40db). Makes me more confident in my Horus X10S.

Interesting ...

Don
Last edited by Don McCullough; Jun 07, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2018, 12:04 PM
Thanks for posting, Don. It is interesting to see the flight path. What receiver are you using? Are you just using the two internal antennas? I just purchased an X10s btw.

Randy
Jun 07, 2018, 07:28 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
I am using the G-RX8 glider receiver. FrSky stated all RX receivers have better sensitivity than previous X-series. That explanes reduced range with the X4R-SB in my El Niņo (later swapped out for this receiver)

I use the dual internal tx antennas. In my testing they seemed marginally better.

Have fun with your X10S.

Don
Jun 28, 2018, 02:42 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks

Side View

Can you tilt the Google Earth view to see the altitude attained?
BP
Aug 11, 2018, 09:01 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Can you tilt the Google Earth view to see the altitude attained?
BP
Here is the side view. Greatest height was 310 meters. The long-distance areas were under 150 meters generally.

Enjoy,

Don

Quick Reply