Feb 06, 2020, 10:58 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
where, and how? Ive never seen the mods take an overhanded or slanted approach here.

(IF it was in politics, it doesn't count. you should join a political forum if that's what you want to discuss.)
As Hugo stated, he has a private forum made up of some of the more long time (and vocal) members on here who basically like to chat about anything and everything. It's their "safe space" to complain about things. As usual, when someone speaks up, they're the bad guy.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2020, 11:05 PM
Sigh...Maybe we remember things differently, with no real solid of who is right or wrong.

As I remember, .you said during your constant political rants that anyone who didn't see things your way was an idiot. Maybe you were just defending yourself, and I was maybe also not having a good day and not in the mood for fighting on a board I created. Some of the people you argued with are no longer there either...so there's that.

I created the board to have fun, not get an ulcer. I have thought more than once just shutting the whole thing down, but some rely on it for their daily interactions. The board has a life of it's own beyond me in many ways.

I regret how things went, but I felt cornered, and I refuse to be cornered in my own "house".

I actually still like you DC, I just couldn't take the arguing...

Let's just chalk it up to a bad day.
Feb 07, 2020, 12:17 AM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Sigh...Maybe we remember things differently, with no real solid of who is right or wrong.

As I remember, .you said during your constant political rants that anyone who didn't see things your way was an idiot. Maybe you were just defending yourself, and I was maybe also not having a good day and not in the mood for fighting on a board I created. Some of the people you argued with are no longer there either...so there's that.

I created the board to have fun, not get an ulcer. I have thought more than once just shutting the whole thing down, but some rely on it for their daily interactions. The board has a life of it's own beyond me in many ways.

I regret how things went, but I felt cornered, and I refuse to be cornered in my own "house".

I actually still like you DC, I just couldn't take the arguing...

Let's just chalk it up to a bad day.
LOL, "constant political rants". That's golden. Yes, I replied to whatever the "good old boys" said, so I was banned. But hey, your house, your rules. I didn't give it a second thought until I saw your post today. I just loved the irony of your complaining about others doing exactly the same thing that you did.
Feb 07, 2020, 08:16 AM
I understand and comprehend your view of things. But you never settled in before taking on everybody there. It was like someone walking into my house and just yelling at everybody. I wish you understood that part of it.

Don't take it personally, I just had to stop the arguing. I just can't stand arguing. I'm too old for that crap.

I considered it more as deleting as a user than banned....too harsh a term, for what my intent was.

Last in first out....that is my house rule.

I guess I'm done here too.
Feb 23, 2020, 03:22 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Things can go weird on Youtube. A while ago a composer was summoned to take down his video, and it was demonitized because another channel claimed copyright on his track. Eventually Youtube got convinced that the other channel was just a golddigger, and never had any copyright on this music track, but it did take some effort for the composer and original uploader of the video to get things put straight.

Other companies have done similar things, like Lego threatened with legal action against a reviewer of sets, under the false accusation that people could mistake the review channel for an official Lego channel. Even though the content creator never made such an impression. It was more likely because this reviewer was not afraid to call things as they are, like pointing out design mistakes, sets that were overpriced, etc.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Feb 24, 2020, 08:15 AM
Youtube is turning into a shitshow. Between their reduced monetization, the COPPA nonsense, and them letting the RIAA pretty much run anything music-related off the platform, it's got less and less to offer every day.
Feb 24, 2020, 12:39 PM
I agree, also add the extra image compression, forcing you to upscale a low res video to HD, to keep the quality close to the original image.
Feb 24, 2020, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
Youtube is turning into a shitshow. Between their reduced monetization, the COPPA nonsense, and them letting the RIAA pretty much run anything music-related off the platform, it's got less and less to offer every day.

I got a takedown notice because the radio was playing a song in the background...quietly.
Feb 25, 2020, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky
I got a takedown notice because the radio was playing a song in the background...quietly.
Next step, you are no longer allowed to think of a song when recording a video? Because elsewhere the "google brain scanner" reports you for a copyright violation? They have gone totally overboard, if you use a commercially available track to enhance a video, and gain from that, it's clear you owe the copyright owner something, as their work provided you some gain. But background music?
Feb 25, 2020, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky
The RIAA has made it very difficult for guitar instructors to post anything without their video getting pulled or at least demonetized. It's a huge problem. Some guys have gotten demonetized just for playing chords that appear in songs, and Youtube won't do anything to correct it. Some bands are worse than others. Some bands are so bad that just mentioning them can get you demonetized... the Eagles, Led Zeppelin and others.
Feb 25, 2020, 11:07 AM
And yet they wonder why no one is buying music. It if weren't for the income they were getting from streaming, they probably would cease to exist. And that is probably the drive, own nothing, pay to listen.
Feb 25, 2020, 08:18 PM
rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
[...]while I agree Traxxas should have the right to protect against "Direct Copy/Cloning" they do not have the right to prevent "Reverse-Engineering" which improves upon the original design, where I support reverse engineering which promotes new ideas and growing the hobby...[...]
The law is not what we wish it to be. It “is” what gets decided in courts and by established precedent. Sadly the “right” to reverse engineer has not been upheld under most copyright or patent infringement cases.
Feb 26, 2020, 07:12 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Meh. The whole origional point of copyright was designed to be very short, so things would be public domain rather quickly. Not 100 years of sueing for similar works/creations. If anything in this ultra quick and globally competive market copyrights should be getting shorter, not longer.
Feb 26, 2020, 09:41 PM
rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Meh. The whole origional point of copyright was designed to be very short, so things would be public domain rather quickly. Not 100 years of sueing for similar works/creations. If anything in this ultra quick and globally competive market copyrights should be getting shorter, not longer.
Agree.. lawyers and greedy corporations ... everybody jumps to a law suit so easy

Quick Reply