Anderson RC Protects Customers from Bank Robber - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Anderson RC Protects Customers from Bank Robber

Thanks to the heroic acts of the Anderson brothers no one was seriously hurt in the store by a fleeing bank robber. Wes Anderson was stabbed multiple times but is in stable condition.

Splash

Wes Anderson Heroically Defends RC Hobby Shop

I started seeing cryptic messages about Anderson RC yesterday. Soon news reports were filtering through with more information that one of the Anderson brothers had been injured.

Here is the story...

There was a bank robbery in Rowan County that led to a chase and an officer-involved shooting in Thomasville Thursday afternoon, according to Salisbury police. The robbery occurred at the First National Bank on East Innes Street in Salisbury. Authorities stopped the suspect near Anderson Hobby Shop at 1101 Mendenhall St. in Thomasville.

The storeís owners and brother to the victim, held the door so the man could not get inside when the driver got out of the vehicle and ran to the door of the business. While confronting the suspect Wes Anderson was stabbed in the abdomen. After the man had stabbed Wes Anderson several times, Salisbury police officers used stun guns to try to get the man to drop the knife before shooting him.

Wes Anderson's Dad...

My son is a hero because he came out and confronted the bank robber with no weapons or anything to keep him from coming inside. My younger son, Matt, said that the reason his brother went outside was because my father, his grandfather who is 88 years old, was inside. He wanted to protect my dad. He said he would be alright and that was comforting to me. I always worry about my boys.

Stable Condition

Wes Anderson, co-owner of the Anderson R/C hobby shop, was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem with injuries not considered life-threatening, but the knife did miss his heart by 1 cm.

The great news is that Wes is in stable condition and based on the photo below in pretty good spirits. It's hard to wrap your head around something like this when it affects someone in our RC family. A big heroes thank you to the Anderson's for stepping up and protecting those in their store. We are all happy to hear that you will be back in the shop soon. RC pilots are sending good thoughts from across the country!

More Information

Update!

Wes is back at the hobby shop 48 hours later!

Full story and video interview here.

Jun 01, 2018, 11:38 AM
B for Bruce
WOW! Heal fast and heal well Wes!

It's often been said that for bad people to do bad things only requires that good people do nothing. It takes a bit of something extra to step in whatever the reason. Wes apparently has that.
Jun 01, 2018, 01:49 PM
That's terrible! Crazy that people are willing to kill or die just for a few bucks. Glad to hear Wes is going to be ok. Good thing police eliminated the threat.
Jun 01, 2018, 05:33 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjasword71
That's terrible! Crazy that people are willing to kill or die just for a few bucks. Glad to hear Wes is going to be ok. Good thing police eliminated the threat.
They did, as the news reported the robbery suspect died of his injuries. Glad to hear that Wes is OK, and the Anderson family and customers weren't hurt.
Jun 01, 2018, 07:57 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Wes is a true hero.
Jun 01, 2018, 11:18 PM
Maybe us R/Cerís should help out with some business going their way. Online or otherwise. How about an address so we can buy a few things from our R/C heroís.
Jun 01, 2018, 11:24 PM
speed recovery, well done!
Jun 02, 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDARR
Maybe us R/Cerís should help out with some business going their way. Online or otherwise. How about an address so we can buy a few things from our R/C heroís.
This seems to be their website: http://www.andersonr-c.com/
Jun 02, 2018, 12:46 PM
Get well very soon. You did an awesome job of looking out for your family and you should be proud of that.
LTR
Jun 03, 2018, 11:22 AM
You are a hero! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this time for a fast recovery. Get well soon. All the best from Canada
Jun 08, 2018, 04:59 PM
Bob418
Wes, we are proud of you and get well soon! See you at Fall Nall!

Quick Reply