Build straight - Fly twisty
Hey! What's with all this stuff?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2018, 06:26 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers
Hey! What's with all this stuff?
hmmmmmm..........that looks like one of mine ......whats the scoop?

Blues practice every week here over the base and bay and I get to see them often, never gets old!

took this vid with my iphone, edited on iphone, and uploaded from iphone!

Blue Angels on iPhone (8 min 5 sec)
Latest blog entry: FPV 250 Cruiser Quad
Jun 11, 2018, 11:07 PM
That video is OK, with none of the breakup that plagued the one featuring the model.

Those pilots look almost good enough to get a job in the RAAF
Jun 12, 2018, 10:02 AM
Outlaw
Roulettes?
Jun 12, 2018, 06:25 PM
Yes. I must admit that although the Roulettes fly very precisely the T-birds would be way more impressive and spectacular.
Jun 13, 2018, 04:10 PM
Outlaw
Today I tried an experiment.
I determined where I like the stabilizer gain for slow and fast flight.
I then programmed a inversly proportional THR->GAIN mix with those endpoints.
Worked great! Now I have higher gain for slow flight and low/no gain for fast flight automatically controlled by throttle.
Jun 13, 2018, 09:28 PM
Outlaw
Had a second motor wire failure today. The motor wires are very tiny, thinking maybe G-forces fatigued them. Fix was to seperate out of the bulky wire bundle and hot glue connector to fuselage for stress release........time to push to fail again......luv this hobby!
Jun 14, 2018, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
Today I tried an experiment.
I determined where I like the stabilizer gain for slow and fast flight.
I then programmed a inversly proportional THR->GAIN mix with those endpoints.
Worked great! Now I have higher gain for slow flight and low/no gain for fast flight automatically controlled by throttle.
"inversly proportional" ........hmmm......you push or pull the stick for that there effect

That is cool!! Really!!
Jun 14, 2018, 11:58 AM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida
"inversly proportional" ........hmmm......you push or pull the stick for that there effect

That is cool!! Really!!
a wiseguy huh? you will be called out at the next event, subjected to public humiliation, and sent to the corner of the field for timeout! but released in time to cook us all burgers!
Jun 14, 2018, 01:02 PM
Soar high, huck low
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
a wiseguy huh? you will be called out at the next event, subjected to public humiliation, and sent to the corner of the field for timeout! but released in time to cook us all burgers!
All normal for Alan.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Jun 14, 2018, 01:14 PM
This is a great build!! I am in the middle of emptying my shop, painting walls and putting everything back into my shop. Actually a great undertaking and it has forced me to purge and organize things better. This one is on my list after I return from the Patch event.
Jun 15, 2018, 03:37 PM
Outlaw
Well, with the prototype shelved once rev1 was built, I got to thinkin’ bout that removable nose cone.....then temptation got the best of me........and I started cuttin’, paintin’, solderin’......= FPV F-22!

this could be fun at the beach when it comes out of the blue, so to speak....with me nowhere in sight
Last edited by gatorb8; Jun 16, 2018 at 01:00 PM.
Jul 01, 2018, 03:52 PM
gatorb8, Great fun this weekend and your F-22 made the show! Looking forward to this for my next build!
Jul 01, 2018, 07:28 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoe16
gatorb8, Great fun this weekend and your F-22 made the show! Looking forward to this for my next build!
Well then you must have been at the most awesome place on the planet this weekend, the Pecan Patch!
did we meet?
Jul 04, 2018, 09:13 AM
Components ordered!!! Looking up Inversely Proportional

Quick Reply