I really like this one!!!! I need to start securing the components

Thank you kind Sir Gatorb8!!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2018, 01:17 AM
Nice work gatorb8!
Jun 06, 2018, 10:21 AM
Outlaw
Thanks benz11
Now that I have wing loading, electrics, and balance worked out, Iím working on a more F-22 like fuselage. I have a Proxxon foam thermocutter that does nice angles
Latest blog entry: FPV 250 Cruiser Quad
Jun 06, 2018, 05:28 PM
Outlaw
finished another one today. This one has fuselage angled in in bottom to match vertical stabs and its enclosed, got some paint on the bottom, and solid nose cone, I will probably put a stabilized lemon in this one since microRX3S is out of stock.
Jun 07, 2018, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
finished another one today. This one has fuselage angled in in bottom to match vertical stabs and its enclosed, got some paint on the bottom, and solid nose cone, I will probably put a stabilized lemon in this one since microRX3S is out of stock.
Love it! Great job Mr. Gatorb8!
Jun 07, 2018, 11:34 PM
Soar high, huck low
Dang Gator- that is sweet!
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Jun 08, 2018, 09:17 AM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Dang Gator- that is sweet!
Thanks Rich! I'll bring the fleet to the Full Moon in June Patch event!
Jun 11, 2018, 08:15 AM
Outlaw
On my second build I had 2 AP05 motors that were crap so I'm scrapping that motor in favor of a C10-2900. I will update specs and flight report as soon as I maiden. HK was out of stock so I ordered from banggood. I also tried a stabilized lemon with side connectors, I think it is lighter than the HK microRX3S in spite of larger connectors (and, it is in stock!)
Jun 11, 2018, 11:17 AM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8

nice progression with this great project , like it very much !!!

it is tempting me to build one like this.

did you get the plans from here ?
http://rc.tomhe.net/f-22
Jun 11, 2018, 12:18 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureZ
nice progression with this great project , like it very much !!!

it is tempting me to build one like this.

did you get the plans from here ?
http://rc.tomhe.net/f-22
thanks!
I got the plans from this thread and modified them slightly, I'm pretty sure the link you posted has the same plans.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rust-Vectoring

I dont like the tabs so I just cut along the tab line and don't cut the tab holes in the main wing, then just use foamtac to attach. I temporarily attach the print to foam with 3m-44, cut the main lines, add a few alignment pin holes for the fuselage, and foam tac it together. It probably took 30 minutes to print, attach the pages and modify, then another 30 minutes to hand cut with a fresh xacto knife. It's pretty quick.
You could hand cut the 60 deg cuts in the bottom of the vert stabs if you have a steady hand, I use a accurate foam cutter for those.
Jun 11, 2018, 02:03 PM
Outlaw
I flew the F-22 with the C10-2900 and the stabilized Lemon. Lemon worked excllent and the C10 has way more power than the AP05. Almost unlimited vertical.....it gets small fast!
I'm sticking with the Rx and motor change!

The other upgrade today was I soldered the motor wires and esc motor wires into servo connectors. Makes for a quick change of esc or motor and if the motor spins the wrong way, just flip one connector 180 deg!

also did the final fuselage enclosure now that everything checked out!
Last edited by gatorb8; Jun 11, 2018 at 02:30 PM.
Jun 11, 2018, 04:34 PM
Looking like a savage!!
Jun 11, 2018, 05:12 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida
Looking like a savage!!
raptor.....
Jun 11, 2018, 06:02 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Never have seen a bad flying F-22. Your's is very nice and the paint job looks great as well.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Jun 11, 2018, 06:08 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Never have seen a bad flying F-22. Your's is very nice and the paint job looks great as well.

Ken
Thanks Ken!
I live in the Cradle of Navel Aviation so it's a popular scheme!

Funny story, yesterday while flying in the park, a runner commented "Blue Angels flying F22's now?" ....I replied "No, but, In my Navy!"
This is NAVY country!

Quick Reply