Aug 12, 2018, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek
Do you go strictly by the timer or you can feel the drop in performance when to stop flying ?
Timer only. I fly everything that way. I start out short then extend as I can. In this case the manual suggested the 5 min, so I followed suit, but since I'm running a slightly larger battery than suggested, I get a little more time.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2018, 03:24 PM
I'm trying to find a programming vid for setting up a Dx6i Tx.
Need only SAFE and NORMAL (don't need STUNT for now)

I'm new to this, so need a "for dummies" type vid in English.

Thanks

P.S. found one in German for NORMAL and STUNT
Last edited by vasek; Aug 13, 2018 at 03:39 PM.
Aug 13, 2018, 03:41 PM
Heligamist
These are the Gear channel values:

150 - SAFE
100 - Stability mode
50 - Agility mode
0 - 3D mode (Stunt)
Aug 13, 2018, 05:07 PM
Regexistentialist
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad

150 - SAFE
100 - Stability mode
50 - Agility mode
0 - 3D mode (Stunt)
Thank you - was looking for this.

Is there an LED pattern on the Rx which indicates the current mode?

(Haven't powered mine up yet to check. Still need to solder on a new connector (XT-30) to be able to use my O2 batteries.)
Aug 13, 2018, 06:48 PM
Heligamist
The LED on the AR636A will simply glow a steady yellow/orange when it has a signal.
Aug 13, 2018, 07:58 PM
OK I've got the basic programming on my DX6i almost done, but have some questions:

THROTTLE CURVE:
the manual shows values for NORMAL and STUNT, however I have on my menu also HOLD. What values do I input for HOLD ?

GYRO (0 NORM; 1 STUNT) but on which switch ?

MODULATION TYPE : AUTO DSMX- ENABLE , but can't find the menu for the MODULATION TYPE (where is it?)

Thanks for helping
Aug 13, 2018, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad

150 - SAFE
100 - Stability mode
50 - Agility mode
0 - 3D mode (Stunt)
I can't find "Gear channel" in my heli menu . But there is REVO NIX : NORM up dn % ; STUNT up dn %

Is that the same thing?
Aug 14, 2018, 04:46 AM
Italy

Do I may update my V1?

Hi guys,
I'm readig news about new V2 and I asked to myself: Is it possible transform old 230s V1 in V2?
I looking for the receiver update in MySpectrum and there is no new firmware version.
I imagine that there was a lot of changes on AS636A firmware.

Other parts to changes? Analyzing spare parts of the two version I don't seem differences exists (ignoring the different colors)
Aug 14, 2018, 09:33 AM
used to build now i fly
anyone able to post the spm file from a gen 2 dx6,8,9,or 18 for me to download.

im not following the gear channel amounts shown above as there are 4 pos showing. i dont have a 4 pos switch. it sounds like you guys are suggesting the self level on switch a and the 3 flight modes on a 3 pos switch. if im thinking right once in pos 2 or 3 for i/u you can switch a to self level and it is ready to activate by simply going back to pos 1 on the flight mode if in trouble. is this correct in my thinking.
Aug 14, 2018, 10:15 AM
I set my DX6 per the manual, almost.. The bail out I moved to a two position switch on the lower left (A?), and the modes I combined with idle up, so the 3 position switch on the left (typical switch). This keeps my Tx the same across all my heli's, and the bailout is much easier to access than the button.
Aug 19, 2018, 12:32 PM
Can someone confirm the
Throttle stick (pitch) control in normal mode ?

NORMAL mode :
-throttle stick all the way down, the rotor shaft is not turning
- moving the stick to half point, the rotor will spool up to speed
- there is NO negative pitch even when the stick is on the lower half of travel

When powering up the heli, the throttle stick should be all the way down (?)

Am I correct on this ?
If not, please explain.
THANKS!
Aug 19, 2018, 01:11 PM
Heligamist
I have mine set to have 50% of normal negative pitch below mid-stick. I think if you install the download setup file it's programmed for 40% negative. I find in windy conditions even in normal mode I need some negative for better control. Also during landing/takeoff in the wind you need some negative to stick the heli to the ground and prevent tipping.

Mine starts spooling up as soon as the stick is moved up.
Aug 19, 2018, 02:11 PM
used to build now i fly
i noticed the dxe tx that comes with it is different than the one you can buy alone from hh.. alone one has several extra switches for things like flaps and such and it states it is a full range 2.4

is the heli version a full range tx also or is it limited to closer flying than the plane version.
Aug 19, 2018, 02:17 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet
i noticed the dxe tx that comes with it is different than the one you can buy alone from hh.. alone one has several extra switches for things like flaps and such and it states it is a full range 2.4

is the heli version a full range tx also or is it limited to closer flying than the plane version.
I believe the power output is the same. Many of the other units like my DX9 and the newer DX6 have multiple antennas in the TX which they call diversity. They are oriented in different directions. Now my Jumper radio (Deviation) I can amplify all the way up to a full 3 Watts. It also lets me pick my output power level. I usually just set it for 150-300mW.
Aug 19, 2018, 03:04 PM
BD thanks for the info; THE EAGLE HAS FLOWN !

All I can say is WOW. Much better than my fixed pitch heli, a little sensitive, but fun. I'm @ the bottom of the learning curve, so will take it step by step.

My setup is per instructions for DX6i. Looking @ the pitch curve, the "30" means I have negative 20 pitch (if 50 is none) ?

Also what is the HOLD (mode ?) for ? I do not have access in my menu for programming that.
Is it important ?

Quick Reply