Aug 11, 2019, 11:22 PM
Couple things of interest with the parts for the 230s v2, 1) the blade grips are the same as for the 300x, and the servos are the same as the Fusion 270. I happen to have a spare set of aluminum blade grips for my 300x, and just pulled the servos off my Fusion 270, so I have a couple of those too.

One nice thing I see with this heli, compared to the 130s, is to replace the tail fin you just undo a couple of screws and pop on a new one. With the 130s, you have to completely remove the tail motor, which means pulling the wires out of the plug that goes in the esc, pull the wires out through the tail tube, remove the tail motor, then you can put on a new tail fin, and of course reverse all those steps to put it back together. Pretty lame design for something that is super fragile. I ended up bonding a thin piece of balsa to the outside of that one to keep it from breaking so easily.

Now, back to the 230s v2, I like that head assembly on Amazon, in that I can just pop on a new one, but in reality how often would you mess up the rotor head piece? blade grips, feathering shaft, pitch links, sure, but the rotor head?

I purchase all my Blade parts from Power Hobby as they have a huge discount off of retail, and using their prices I can purchase the whole head assembly like on Amazon for $17.74, and without the rotor head, ~$11.

I also looked at the microheli landing skids and tail fins, but decided they didn't really add to the looks enough to justify the $24 for the landing skids, and $8.99 for the tail fin. Man, you could spend $260 for a complete bling kit for your 230s v2 Yeah, give me two

with my crash, I must have been up right and going forward, as when it came down it just caught the landing gear tearing off one of the skid; pretty lucky really.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2019, 01:43 PM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
One nice thing I see with this heli, compared to the 130s, is to replace the tail fin you just undo a couple of screws and pop on a new one. With the 130s, you have to completely remove the tail motor, which means pulling the wires out of the plug that goes in the esc, pull the wires out through the tail tube, remove the tail motor, then you can put on a new tail fin, and of course reverse all those steps to put it back together. Pretty lame design for something that is super fragile. I ended up bonding a thin piece of balsa to the outside of that one to keep it from breaking so easily.

Now, back to the 230s v2, I like that head assembly on Amazon, in that I can just pop on a new one, but in reality how often would you mess up the rotor head piece? blade grips, feathering shaft, pitch links, sure, but the rotor head?
Ya know ... I have a 230 S tail fin in stock. It was the 130S that I broke .... somehow - probably during one of it's servo failure/fits causing an unintended landing. I think I ordered the 230 S fin when I got the 130S one I needed, as well as some other part. The 130S if I recall it is the motor mount that has the tail skid/fin built in.

As for the head hub .... occasionally. For me, I had to replace on the nano S2 after taking head off a few times due to the perfectly manufactured for failure swash plate. I stripped on the screw threads. I also had to replace on my 300 CFX, the Blade Aluminum is not as good as the MicroHeli aluminum, when I was re installing the head tightening the screws for the follower arms, I stripped on. I was under the impression that this needed to be tightened to pinch the head around the main shaft to keep it from rocking back and forth on the over sized hole on the shaft for the bolt that goes through the head and shaft. I didn't try over tightening on the MH replacement - which cost the same as OEM but I had a discount, so don't know if it is stronger really, but the head rocks either way. I have also broken the busted the bolt area when I didn't use TH .... shaft, hub and other parts needed replacement .... that was a plastic head and carbon shaft. So I guess it is always worth having one around, and if you were to buy parts from HH, it is cheaper ... because you will have to by twice as many of certain parts because that is how the sell them .... grip bearing, feathering shafts and dampers come to mind.
Aug 17, 2019, 06:54 AM

230s vr rtf

I have got one of these and have about an hour flying time on it. I have been flying planes since the early 80s, Have tried helis a few times , but no real luck. This one works as advertised. I purchased the rtf because i fly my planes with a JETI transmitter. Is the rtf transmitter programmable by using a pc. There is nothing that comes with the kit that says so
Aug 17, 2019, 09:51 AM
I went to the HH website, and saw the Tx that comes in the RTF package is a DXe. Going to their transmitter page, I found that transmitter and clicked on it for details. This is what it has to say:

Point and Click Programming

If you've ever managed a music library on your PC or smart phone, you can program the DXe. All you need is the free Spektrum programming app or software and a Spektrum programming cable (sold separately). Using this interface you can create and save basic model setups with different settings for:
Servo Reversing
Stick Configuration: Modes 1-4
Wing Type: Normal or Delta/Elevon
Expo: On or Off

For advanced programming features such as stick configuration, wing type selection, expo on/off function, model setup import and many more, the Spektrum programming cable (SPMA3081-Mobile, SPMA3065- PC) is required. Basic programming features such as servo reversing and trim adjust can be used without the programming cable.
Once saved to your PC or mobile device, you can upload the setup for a specific model to the DXe with a simple point and click.
You can also use the interface to upload pre-programmed setups for Bind-N-FlyŽ aircraft.
Aug 17, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundryratjim
I have got one of these and have about an hour flying time on it. I have been flying planes since the early 80s, Have tried helis a few times , but no real luck. This one works as advertised. I purchased the rtf because i fly my planes with a JETI transmitter. Is the rtf transmitter programmable by using a pc. There is nothing that comes with the kit that says so
I am not sure if it's still available, but there was a JR style add on module bay for the JETI back in 2016. it would allow using an add on module for the DSMX / DSM2 protocol on the JETI transmitter. of course there is always the DXE, and the SPMA3065, which will allow programming on the TX and updates for the heli. I am not aware of any firmware updates for the heli at this time, however. there is the possibility there may be new FW for the TX as well. and of course you can program the DXE settings from your PC.
Aug 17, 2019, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
I am not sure if it's still available, but there was a JR style add on module bay for the JETI back in 2016. it would allow using an add on module for the DSMX / DSM2 protocol on the JETI transmitter. of course there is always the DXE, and the SPMA3065, which will allow programming on the TX and updates for the heli. I am not aware of any firmware updates for the heli at this time, however. there is the possibility there may be new FW for the TX as well. and of course you can program the DXE settings from your PC.

Thanks!
Aug 18, 2019, 01:04 AM
I can't say if this is still true but at one time there were actually three DXe transmitters. Theres an A an H and a retail version. The Areo and Heli versions had less switches than the retail and each had different switches. The radio listed in the spare parts is the Retail Radio for the RTF aircraft that come with the DXe. As for programming, you need to buy one of two cables, there is one for the phone and one for the PC, before doing so, make sure which programing method works for the phone or PC OS you will be using ..... they haven't always had both working and there has been firmware updates that make the programming not work with a method it formerly worked with.

You may want to visit the DXe thread .... lots of info there, lots of issues there, lots of misinfo there and then Andy is there to give the correct answers, he is a Spektrum firmware engineer for the radios. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6-Spektrum-DXe

I have never touch a DXe, but have followed the thread because I know sooner or later I will come across a newbie at one of the flying sites I fly at with one and can now tell them what a mistake that radio is for use as anything more than flying the RTF model it came with. And I can't say for certain if you can actually change the flight mode characteristics in the radio.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:00 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
I just ordered some parts from MicroHeli. I hope to have a little speed demon soon !
Aug 18, 2019, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
I can't say if this is still true but at one time there were actually three DXe transmitters. Theres an A an H and a retail version. The Areo and Heli versions had less switches than the retail and each had different switches. The radio listed in the spare parts is the Retail Radio for the RTF aircraft that come with the DXe. As for programming, you need to buy one of two cables, there is one for the phone and one for the PC, before doing so, make sure which programing method works for the phone or PC OS you will be using ..... they haven't always had both working and there has been firmware updates that make the programming not work with a method it formerly worked with.

You may want to visit the DXe thread .... lots of info there, lots of issues there, lots of misinfo there and then Andy is there to give the correct answers, he is a Spektrum firmware engineer for the radios. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6-Spektrum-DXe

I have never touch a DXe, but have followed the thread because I know sooner or later I will come across a newbie at one of the flying sites I fly at with one and can now tell them what a mistake that radio is for use as anything more than flying the RTF model it came with. And I can't say for certain if you can actually change the flight mode characteristics in the radio.
The one that came in my rtf is a H model. What HH recommends to us is the blutooth cable. I would just like to see what i can tweek for the heli.
Aug 18, 2019, 05:38 PM
Has anyone messed with the “advanced settings”??

What are they for?? What do they do??
Aug 18, 2019, 10:09 PM
I can't recall if I hooked up the 230S v2 to my PC. I know I did for the 130S. The RX on the heli's are locked down and you can't change much on the flight controller, if anything.

Looking at the DXe though would hopefully be like making setting changes through the menus on the DX radios with a screen.

Yes..... I thought there was an A, H and Retail .... but looking at all the photos of the 230S v2 and the new Apprentice they never show the Tx in a photo with all the items you get, only on the parts side and that one is the Retail version. I have seen them in the for sales area and it has an A or H on the front in the writing near the DXe name. Hope that cable will work for you. Go look it up in the thread, like I said ..... that has been the meat or many of the complaints, buying the recommended cable to find out that the software/app to use that method with the OS/Device does not work.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:00 AM
hey guys, I just put a 150s into the air after a very long break from helis. i'm digging it. I see the 230 is on sale for 15% off and wondered if there is a noticeable difference. in other words, should I buy one? thanks!
Last edited by koppterX; Aug 20, 2019 at 10:24 AM.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:15 AM
Of course!
Aug 21, 2019, 07:50 PM
well, I am about to pull the trigger on a 230V2. all too familiar - a 70s followed by a 150s and now a 230. been through this before but it started years ago with a 450 and ended a few years later with a couple of 700s and a lot in between. except for the motorized tail it blows me away that these little guys have basically the same construction as the biggies. luckily, I still have my Align hex tools. After giving up on helis I went back to airplanes, but I knew there would come a day....but I'm going to stick to the small stuff this time!
Aug 21, 2019, 07:56 PM
600 is still small. Right

Quick Reply