Jun 25, 2018, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion, at least for my flying style. I'm just now learning some inverted stuff, otherwise it is a whole bunch of fff and stall turns, hurricane wanna-be's. and the like. Nothing fancy, certainly no 3D crap. I can save $135 by going with the 230s over the Fusion.

Since no discounts around, I'll go ahead and support my local hobby store and purchase direct from them. I need to look up those batteries, as they sound like a pretty good battery. I have one that came with a 300x that I have flown the pants off, and the battery is still going strong.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2018, 10:26 AM
Heligamist
Consider the Turnigy 1000's too. I really like them. The leads are nice and long. I recently bought three more on Amazon. The other 3 are still going great after last season. Have some Nanotech 950's as well and some stock EFlites (one is bloated as hell),

Got some yellow Microheli main blades coming today to try out. I like the orange and white .. hated the green (can't see them hardly in summer). The CF mains are nice but not needed for my flying so I took them back off.
Jun 25, 2018, 10:27 AM
Heligamist
Clicked wrong .. sorry .. wanted this above.

Jun 25, 2018, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
You know, I was all set to get the Blade Fusion 270, as it seemed a great size between my 300x and 450x stuff, and probably is. it also seems a great middle ground for performance, as it uses a 4s battery instead of the 6s high performance types.

So why am I saying all this? Well, yes the Fusion 270 is really nice, but... I got to thinking skill wise if I could actually use all that coolness, and came to the conclusion that it would be like my others, where it is just more fff, stall turns and such. I'm just building confidence for loops with my 130s, and inverted hover practice with my nano cpx.

What I'm thinking now is to instead get the 230S V2 bnf. The price is killer at only $215, versus $350 for the Fusion 270. I also already have a bunch of 1000mah 3s batteries which would pop right into the 230s v2. The V2 is also supposed to be quieter than the V1. The HH websites lists 7 min flight time on a battery which is incredibly long for almost all RC things.
I own a 130S, which has become my go to heli to toss in the air and fly (it seems to be the most reliable of all my helis, bar none) I have flown the original 230S (belongs to a local heli enthusiast) I can say the 230S loops better than the 130S, the disc load makes the 130S feel like a brick at the bottom. my modded 450 pro is awesome if I have the room to open it up (not in my yard) so I end up considering both the 230S v2 and the Fusion 270. I too am leaning toward the 230S v2, based on the reliability of the 130S, but I am so close to being ready for the 270.... I may end up buying both
Jun 25, 2018, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
I may end up buying both
Now that's the spirit
Jun 25, 2018, 09:49 PM
230 and 270 are pretty close size-wise. While flying 230S V2 I decided I WANT A BIG BIRD because of how awesome the big air flying is; so, I ordered a 500-size kit.
Last edited by Wrecking Ball; Jun 25, 2018 at 10:15 PM.
Jun 26, 2018, 09:05 AM
Heligamist
I decided to get a new canopy for the 4th of July coming up.

Jun 26, 2018, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball
230 and 270 are pretty close size-wise. While flying 230S V2 I decided I WANT A BIG BIRD because of how awesome the big air flying is; so, I ordered a 500-size kit.
Yes, the 500's are nice. That is the biggest I have, a Blade 500x. When those big blades spin up, you gain a sense of respect for the power there.

My 300x is right in between the 230 and 270, that is part of why I was looking at the 270, something a little bigger than my 300x, but smaller than my 450 stuff.

My smallest is a nano cpx Actually just acquired that in part of a packaged deal, and sold my mcpx v2 because I like the nano a lot better. I've been using it for inverted practice, as if you goof up, you just set it back on the skids and go again. For the 230, I'll do some inverted too, part of why I'm getting it, but I will make sure to have SAFE all programmed in for those oh poop moments.
Jun 26, 2018, 07:54 PM
It doesn't take long before flipping back and correcting becomes automatic. I never set up rescue for my 130S, generally my crashes are spectacular enough (usually at high speed) that by the time I hit throttle hold it already happened I am not sold on rescue features, nor self leveling.

My 450 is really pushing the upper end of the size envelope for where I fly, that should explain my interest in the smaller ones such as the 230S v2 and Fusion 270
Jul 07, 2018, 10:21 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
my 230s V2 is very LOUD, coming from my canopy. almost like Roaring noise. I put my 230S canopy on. it's quiet as a mouse.
Jul 11, 2018, 01:21 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
I hope I'm not jacking the thread here, but I'm having trouble deciding...

200SR X, 200S, 230S, 450X or 450L with GPS...

I've flown helis in the past, but it's been a while. I started out with the Blade SR and I used to have several 200SR X's. I switched to quads and hexacopters, but they can almost fly themselves and really make you look like an expert. Helis are a different beast and I want to jump back in with both feet!

I like the idea of a bail out switch or GPS for stability and hands free hovering.

Thoughts on the options I just put out there?
Jul 11, 2018, 01:25 PM
Heligamist
Might I suggest the 470LP with Spirit FBL and GPS module. Normally I'd recommend the 230S but since you've flown that size you might want something a bit bigger. The Spirit FBL will give you stability mode, rescue, and GPS options. You will have stability mode and rescue without the GPS module if you want to add that later.

The 200S is a great FP (fixed pitch) heli but you won't be doing anything but loops and rolls in 3D mode. The 230S is CP and a great 3D trainer. In stability mode it flies incredibly easy.
Jul 11, 2018, 10:39 PM
I'd still vote the 230s v2 over a 450 class. The 450 size is a lot more unforgiving if the blades hit the dirt, or you. The 230s v2 also has a motor for the tail, so less maintenance in that there is no torque tube or belt, no pitch slider, etc. The 230s v2 has the 3 flight modes so you can move your way up, and it can do 3D if you ever wanted to go that far (I've seen folks doing 3D with this on YT). $215 new is pretty hard to pass up, only little 1000mah 3s batteries are cheap.

Sure no gps return to home thingy, but you don't fly heli's like that anyway. They are all line of sight for that close up thrilling experience
Jul 14, 2018, 04:31 PM
Well ladies and gents, I just was lucky enough to purchase one of these lovely helicopters off the classifieds I'm pretty stoked about this, and looking forward to getting this one up in the air.
Jul 14, 2018, 04:46 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
my 230s V2 is very LOUD, coming from my canopy. almost like Roaring noise. I put my 230S canopy on. it's quiet as a mouse.
spray the inside of the canopy with several coats of rubberised plasti dip aerosol, acts as a sound deadener.

Quick Reply