Sep 27, 2020, 03:29 AM
Of course. Pitch curve. What radio do you have?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2020, 06:16 AM
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleymon
I was looking at the 230 S2 BNF at Horizon and it show it as discontinued. Is there a V3 coming or some replacement. It seems like it’s one of their best selling helis.

TIA
Dave
That's weird. When I went on there this morning, you can still order them... at least the RTF version BLH1400.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...y/BLH1400.html

Now that I look, I don't see the BNF version. Perhaps the RTF are still in stock. They just got a bunch of BNF in stock a couple of months ago.
Sep 27, 2020, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCl
Of course. Pitch curve. What radio do you have?
I figured the pitch curve would do it but it was right before the crashes so that should not have changed should it? And acts more like something on the helicopter moved but my main shaft is all snug in there with no up and down play.
Sep 27, 2020, 07:28 AM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heychas
Thanks for your thoughts epowered. The manual has full rates set at 75%, which I find crazy sensitive.
oh wow, well keep flying, you should get better feel the more you fly it. honestly at first stunt two felt way touchy to me, but then after couple flights it didn't feel bad at all then i up everything trying to get faster flips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novastar
That would be funny if they went to a direct drive for the main motor in the V3
I can't see blade doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman91
Is there a way to adjust the pitch on the V1 and V2? They've both had a few crashes as I was practicing and getting better and now I have more pitch inverted than I do upright. I'm about 80% throttle for it to hover.
Sure, go to travel in the radio and adjust it. i had to use that and subtrim to get 0 pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman91
I figured the pitch curve would do it but it was right before the crashes so that should not have changed should it? And acts more like something on the helicopter moved but my main shaft is all snug in there with no up and down play.
You didn't jump a tooth on your servos did you? that would change it.
Sep 27, 2020, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
oh wow, well keep flying, you should get better feel the more you fly it. honestly at first stunt two felt way touchy to me, but then after couple flights it didn't feel bad at all then i up everything trying to get faster flips.

I can't see blade doing that.

Sure, go to travel in the radio and adjust it. i had to use that and subtrim to get 0 pitch.

You didn't jump a tooth on your servos did you? that would change it.
I don't think I jumped a tooth because it still flys good and level and swash plate is level. I will bump up my pitch curve and see if that gets me where I need to be. Thank you
Sep 27, 2020, 02:09 PM

Help w/ Inverted

I increased my D/R from 40% to 45 then 50% in IUP-1 (85% throttle). It wasn't really a problem. So I tried IUP-2 (100% throttle) and had D/R set to 75%. To my surprise, it was still very manageable. I guess I just needed to get used to stability-off with the 40% d/r. It only took me about 100 flights

So I pitched up in IUP-2 to see if I had enough control authority to flip, and it seemed fine. I finally mustered the courage to go inverted. I was about 40' high and flipped it perfectly flat on its back. I push the throttle down hard so as not to loose altitude. It get coming down, so I jammed the throttle all the way to the bottom, and I rode that heli all the way down into the freshly cut grass in the little league baseball diamond.

Thankfully it appears the only damage was a split canopy. On the ground with the throttle hold on, I can see the blades have about zero bite at mid-throttle. When I go throttle up, it takes a bit positive bite. However, when I go to throttle full down, it seem to go back to a positive bite as if I had a U-shaped pitch curve. In IUP-1 & 2 it is a straight line from 0 to 100.

Do I have some kind of software glitch/mistake I'm missing on my old DX-7?

Any thoughts appreciated!
Sep 28, 2020, 08:16 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
I'll say this about the recent (apparent) discontinuation of the 230 S V2 BNF...

If Horizon (eventually) releases a Mk. III of the heli, then, most of us would expect this. However, if they discontinue the line completely (heli of this dimensions), then that would be asinine. Just my two cents...
Sep 28, 2020, 08:17 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
The 10 tooth pinion for the Detrum motor has arrived on the shores of the US-of-A (from China)
Sep 28, 2020, 08:38 AM
My name is Naga
Quote:
That's weird. When I went on there this morning, you can still order them... at least the RTF version BLH1400.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...y/BLH1400.html

Now that I look, I don't see the BNF version. Perhaps the RTF are still in stock. They just got a bunch of BNF in stock a couple of months ago.
Quote:
I'll say this about the recent (apparent) discontinuation of the 230 S V2 BNF...

If Horizon (eventually) releases a Mk. III of the heli, then, most of us would expect this. However, if they discontinue the line completely (heli of this dimensions), then that would be asinine. Just my two cents...
The BNF often gets discontinued before the RTF as those don't sell so fast. Expect the RTF to also get discontinued before too long.

I doubt HH will discontinue the 230 sized copters as they are all about their Bottom Line ($) these days and the SR/230s lineage has been a money spinner, even going back farther to the early CP v1 and CP v2 in fact.

They did discontinue the 200SRX/200S line though but I don't think that was such a big hit as the 230s.

The nano line has been kept going with the nCPX, nCPS and more recent nS2 as it is so popular.

The mCPX also has had a long lineage: v1, v2, mCPX-BL, mCPS, mCPX-BL v2.

These are all popular sizes and are the bread and butter of Blade's income, they aren't going to kill them off.

Expect a 230 sized copter to replace the current line up, they may use a new name but it will be a marginally better copter
Sep 28, 2020, 09:12 AM
It would be nice if the 230S replacement could be at this $200 price point. It is an amazing heli for the price and the replacement parts are reasonably... generally speaking.
Sep 28, 2020, 09:24 AM
Theres gotta be a V3 on the way. I got around 15 strict plank flyers flying helis thanks to the 230s. And im sure thats also the case in many other places. But yea there transfer to a new layout on there site has ALOT of probs trying to find stuff.....even though it does say the BNF is discontinued.

I tried activating the governor on my V2 yesterday. Something is funny. Both motors pulse up and down. Thats ok with the main but the tail it is not, almost killed it. Any thoughts? Thanks for any comments suggestions. I bid everybody a good day!
Sep 28, 2020, 11:16 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
Hey Horizon...if you're listening lol. We want our Mk. III (V3) 230 S's, and please make sure to add a little more "oomph" for a progressing pilot
Sep 28, 2020, 11:24 AM
My name is Naga
Quote:

It would be nice if the 230S replacement could be at this $200 price point. It is an amazing heli for the price and the replacement parts are reasonably... generally speaking.
Quote:

Hey Horizon...if you're listening lol. We want our Mk. III (V3) 230 S's, and please make sure to add a little more "oomph" for a progressing pilot
Personally I think all HH spares are well overpriced. I think they charge prices with marginal profits to get us to buy the actual aircraft, then rip us right off with the price for the spares once they gotcha by the goolies.

I agree a v3 with more oomph, the current motor was in the SR and the 200srx/s but let's hope they don't put the crappy 300x motor in instead.
Sep 28, 2020, 02:12 PM

I made 3D printable "raked" landing gear for 230s

I made 3D printable landing gear for the 230s. It raises the tail about an inch higher that stock. The print is 7 grams heavier than stock. They are not the prettiest design but they are functional.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4609500
Last edited by kingdallen; Sep 28, 2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: corrected grams
Sep 28, 2020, 03:38 PM
Cool! There may be other parts you can make as well. One that gets me is they charge $7 for these four plastic pieces!

Quick Reply