May 31, 2018, 09:44 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade 230 S V2

Bought the Bind-N-Fly version at AMain

Will be flying mine with these batteries: https://www.readymaderc.com/products...po-jst-12-21wh
Last edited by novastar; May 31, 2018 at 10:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2018, 03:50 PM
Got my bnf at AMain too.Scheduled delivery is next Wed.I got 4 of the Glacier 850/75c.Should provide plenty of punch for this heli
May 31, 2018, 06:32 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
Nice. Yeah mine is still on pre-order; it's fine I can wait. I did read about those Glacier 850s over at Helifreak; apparently they rock! I opted for a little more flying time and potentially not void any kind of support or warranty by soldering on new connectors to the ESC. I may eventually go to those Glaciers, however. Ordered some alloy parts over at Rakon and Lynx. Can't wait to get this chopper!
May 31, 2018, 06:44 PM
Heligamist
I like the Turnigy 1000 the best. The wires are long so you can easily plug and unplug with the canopy on and the flight times are excellent. They are under $10 and come with the JST.

My 230S V2 got a test flight then went back in it's box as my 230S V1 backup heli. I do have orange main blades and FG canopy on my V1 along with the CF tail blade.
May 31, 2018, 10:27 PM
Grrr. I might just have to buy one, because... well, just because... Seriously cool looking bird, I want my Fusion 270 first though... but the 230S v2 is a whole lot cheaper...
Jun 04, 2018, 08:10 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
Scored one on Ebay; heli arrived in the mail today! Model set up per manual in my DX6 Gen 2. Bound with no issues. Heli ready for test flight
Jun 05, 2018, 12:09 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP

First Flights

I made four full test flights; no 3D. I'm more of a sport aerobatic pilot:/

Disclaimer: I've never flown the V1 model; this is my first, the V2, in the 230 series of Blade choppers.

First three flights were made with the Ready Made RC 35C 1,100mAh packs. I reached 8 minutes 15 seconds with one flight, doing basic circuits and hovers. The pack came down with 3.77 volts per cell. The other two flights with the Ready Made RC packs were made with a mix of Normal Mode and IU1/2. The last flight was made with a 30C 900mAh pack (came down at 3.86 volts per cell for 5 minutes 02 seconds of runtime)

My initial impressions: the amount of wind this thing can comfortably handle is stunning; maybe it's just me. The self-leveling function really helps in wind. In IU2, the heli wanted to flip in place. I tried Panic Recovery (Bailout) and it seemed to work as advertised. I don't like having to reach over to push Switch I, so I moved Bailout (Panic) over to Switch A (just my preference).

The tail seems to hold really well particularly in Idle Up modes. With the 900mAh pack, the punch-outs (pitch pumps) were extremely impressive, even in Normal Mode. The chopper wanted to ascend quickly!

In Normal Mode, the 230 S V2 is poetry in motion. Such a pleasure to fly! And is VERY stable in winds (my test flights were made with the tops of the trees moving around considerably at times).

I can't wait to explore more high speed flight with it. My only wish, is to get self-level in IU/2...that would be a home run for handling the winds where I live. Not the end of the world if not.

This one's a keeper!
Last edited by novastar; Jun 05, 2018 at 12:16 PM.
Jun 05, 2018, 02:37 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by novastar
My only wish, is to get self-level in IU/2...that would be a home run for handling the winds where I live. Not the end of the world if not.

This one's a keeper!
Move the gear channel off the flight mode switch to another one. That will let you turn stability on or off in every mode (N/IU1/IU2).
Jun 05, 2018, 05:29 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
Made another flight with the 230 S V2. As I moved Bailout to digital switch A, instead of the default switch I (Bind Switch), I decided to try IU1 with switch A thrown; fly around in Idle Up 1 (Stunt 1) in Panic. Surprisingly, it worked for the most part. I experienced no issues. The heli felt "dampened", but still had steep pitch and roll rates. Due to the confines of my backyard, I still do not feel comfortable flipping this thing inverted yet, along with a few other things.
Jun 05, 2018, 05:31 PM
Voltage is LiFe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Move the gear channel off the flight mode switch to another one. That will let you turn stability on or off in every mode (N/IU1/IU2).
What does setting Stability Mode on in IU1/IU2 specifically offer you? How do you set the mix? Is the on/off mix selector set on a two-position switch, like C? Thanks for the tip!
Jun 05, 2018, 07:35 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by novastar
What does setting Stability Mode on in IU1/IU2 specifically offer you? How do you set the mix? Is the on/off mix selector set on a two-position switch, like C? Thanks for the tip!
It's just there if you want it in IU is all. It's all controlled by the gear channel.. 100 for stability on, 0 or -100 for 3D mode. I put mine on a 3 way switch D on my DX9. A two way switch would be fine.

Just go into the second menu (Channel Input Config) on Channel Assign and set Gear to the switch you want.
Jun 06, 2018, 06:03 AM
welder I have also now, hehe
Hi. Does anyone know if this heli works with the Tx of the 200s RTF?
Thanks
Gilio
Jun 07, 2018, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicio911
Hi. Does anyone know if this heli works with the Tx of the 200s RTF?
Thanks
Gilio
If your 200s came with a DXE Tx, then yes it will work. You have to change the settings in the DXE via the Spektrum Programming software via PC/Phone. If using a PC get this cable https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodID=SPMA3065. Visit the sprektrum website and register your DXE, update firmware if needed. Program you TX with a new model via PC. Only downside with the DXE is that any future adjustments you need a PC to adjust them. I do not have a phone cable so I have never used the phone application, only PC programming software. My dad and I initially started with DXE's and it was a hassle when he wanted to fly his 200s then fly his 230s, or if I wanted to switch between two different 180CFX's (they both have different gain adjustments). He decided to have two dedicated DXE's at first, one for each bird. He upgraded to a DX6E and he got me a DX6, so now no more hassles. You can find the info needed to do this here https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/Spe...structions.pdf . I would say program your DXE if you don't have too many birds, but save up to upgrade to a DX6 or other Tx's that you can program using just the Tx.
Jun 08, 2018, 04:24 AM
welder I have also now, hehe
Oh, wow, ok.
You have been very kind.
thank you very much.

Saludos
Gilio
Jun 08, 2018, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicio911
Oh, wow, ok.
You have been very kind.
thank you very much.

Saludos
Gilio
No problem, PM me if you have trouble setting up a 230S model on your DXe, I'll help you out.

Quick Reply