May 30, 2018, 07:30 AM
Tragic case
Thread OP
Discussion

Dual powerlab 8 touch - software bg

The powelqb 8 is advertised as allowing 1-8s LiFe4 packs to be charged balanced or unbalanced. Or that’s what I believe.

However as soon as you choose more than 2s the balanced/unbalanced checkbox is grayed out same as it is for lipo or hv lipo.
This means the charger cannot be used to charge any of the many larger. 12v LiFe4 packs that are sold into say the motorcycle or motorboat or RV markets. I use these batteries as my field power source.

Can some one please confirm if in fact you are supposed to be able to charge say a 12v 4S LiFe4 unbalanced using this charger? And if so can the software bug be fixed? It should be an easy job.

At the moment I have to use my old cell pro charger which will happily charge. 4S a123 pack unbalanced.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2018, 10:00 AM
Sindland MC SAA
Good Day,

The PL8 and DPL8T are two different chargers and the specifications are different. Please read the specifications for your exact charger. The DPL8T only supports balance charging using the main discharge leads in conjunction with the balance connector.

Quick Reply