Apr 08, 2019, 05:50 PM
That is done in 3D Studio Max, but many 3D design programs can do it. eg Blender which is free...

What you are doing is:
1) Make the Wing surface version object - the entire wrap around of top, bottom, leading edge, trailing edge, and in most cases having ends on the profiles too. You can use many ways to form a Wing - starting from a plain box.... or a cylinder (better)... with Extruding....or use Splines....
2) Using a 'Shell' function to form a new version of the above, that is 0.4mm smaller - this will be used to 'cut' the ribs so that they are smaller than the real wing surface size.
3) Make a cross grid of simple rectangle pieces - much larger than the wing dimensions. Make those nice and big so you can 'drop' the Wing into and within that grid. This grid is going to be the Ribs, so make whatever spacing (thus quantity) that you w4nt.
3) Use a 'Boolean' that takes the smaller Wing shape and 'cuts' out the Ribs. It will form Ribs when the Boolean function 'erases' anything outside the Wing and form the new shapes - which will be Rib shapes then.

You need to make that smaller Wing (Shell) so that the Ribs are actually smaller than the real outer Wing object.
Note that the Wing surface is 'zero' thickness in a model but a 3D Printer will use it as the OUTSIDE surface. So if you print at 0.4mm you will have a Wing of that model dimension, and goes 'inwards' by 0.4mm in thickness. Meanwhile the Ribs are going to be within there thus they need to stay AWAY from that inner surface the 3D Printer creates, or they will 'meld' and go whacky in result. The 3D SLICER will sort out making the Ribs meet the Wing inner surface perfectly. In most cases the Rib GAP to the Wing surface is not actually critical... it can work at 0.2mm to as much as even 0.7mm.... because the Slicer will round off things and they then meet.
eg If 0.3mm is used, and that is too close as the thickness of the Wing surface printing is 0.4mm, the Slicer can likely sill have it form paths to JUST MEET the surface. You need to check the Slicer output result to verify what it is going to do. So using 0.4mm Rib gap difference is good, but you can sometimes need to change that to be different (0.2mm etc)

Oh.... once the Ribs are made you can run Cylinder objects through them and Boolean them out to be 'holes', or ovals etc, to lighten the Ribs,

As per the Ribs, some things you might add internally need to be that GAP away from other surface, when you make those objects in the model. eg any extra strengthening ribs/plates..... and some 'heavier' things like maybe retract mounts etc.
Once you have dabbled in a few areas of the internals, and check them in the Slicer, you will start to see what types of things need to have Gaps to another surface, and which ones can be, or need to be, truly right against a surface, to work properly in the end Slicer output result.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 07:24 AM
merhabalar STL dosyalarını nasıl bulabilirim? bana mail ile gönderir misiniz?
Aug 23, 2019, 04:05 PM
nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares_20
merhabalar STL dosyalarını nasıl bulabilirim? bana mail ile gönderir misiniz?
(Google xlat: hi how can I find STL files? Can you send me an e-mail?)
Me too. I did have contact with evolve some three months ago. But now it is very quiet. I did send a reminder msg a few days ago, no response yet.
Hope and pray nothing serious has happened.
/A
Sep 17, 2019, 11:31 AM
Ultra cheap decals for your Gripen:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/scale-na...et-sweden.html

Sep 17, 2019, 04:25 PM
nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxman
Ultra cheap decals for your Gripen:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/scale-na...et-sweden.html

I have those. Only thing missing are the Gripen files.
/A

Quick Reply