This thread is privately moderated by RickC_RCAV8R, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 29, 2018, 02:42 PM
Waste Nothing
Thread OP
Discussion

RIX : DennyCopter (Tcopter build)

Gentlemen :

Been busy in the shop making cabinets lately and setting up a new garden are in front of the shop . Yardwork and gardening does not leave a lot of time for building models or their flying , but since my mate Dennis (cynr100) has laid down the gauntlet in doing a post , here goes .

The DennyCopter ! A Tcopter frame design by Dennis that uses the Rotorbits building system . The 3D print design for this frame was a collaboration effort and used the OpenScad CAD software . Dennis incorporated several features which aids in the connection of the RC equipment and polices up any interconnecting wiring . A major advantage of this frame is that it encorporates a 'break away' design which would minimize damage from any crashes . Although Dennis designed this frame for a typical 250mm sized tricopter , I decided to make a much larger 400mm frame using the central 3D printed mount . My DennyCopter ended up with an AUW of 650 grams which doesn't seem to be out of range as it uses larger motors ans ESCs .

The 400mm DennyCopter uses the Rotorbits yaw mechanism , KK2.1.5 flight controller runnning RC911 A08 firmware , RacerStar BR2216 motors and 30 amp generic type ESCs . This model will be twisting Gemfan 10 X 4.5 props as they worked well with an earlier designed tricopter in the 'YONI' .

The canopy was my design and was added onto later from a basic 'Plain Jane' design I printed earlier . This canopy has 'wrap around' interlocking slot which mates over Dennis' frame on the leading edge spars and fastens by a single screw in its rear . The missile pods of the underside of the canopy are large enough for housing any LEDs up to 5 Watts in their package sizes or a 5 volt laser module with ease .

Kudos Dennis on a great and effective design . I can see why your newbie following is requesting this one as their entry level machine .

Regards to Dennis , my readers and all who tend to push the envelope : RickC_RCAV8R
Last edited by RickC_RCAV8R; May 30, 2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Add
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2018, 06:35 PM
R/C Superfan
Interesting build !
May 29, 2018, 07:39 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
I eliminated the RB yaw mechanism, and added another CCW motor on the tail for a Y4 configuration. Waiting to get some 1200 kV motors for testing.
May 30, 2018, 07:09 AM
Card carrying pensioner
Nice job mate, can see that buzzn' around the paddock keeping the bears out of your berries
Jun 26, 2018, 12:47 PM
Nice build, I have heard that KK controler is not good, looking forward how it fly... have good luck!!
Jun 26, 2018, 06:09 PM
Card carrying pensioner
The KK board is a hands on flyer, easy to setup, has no magical mystery "help save me" devices built in.

It does teach you how to "fly" a multirotor.
Jul 10, 2018, 04:26 PM
Waste Nothing
Thread OP
Thanx fellas . Still tinkering with this baby when I can but the garden and yardwork isn't leaving much time to fly . And I am finding that the summer projects in prep for the winter are fast approaching . A planned trip to visit cynr100 this fall is the time constraining pressure to get things worked out .
Latest blog entry: Fellas Fellas Fellas !

Quick Reply