Feb 22, 2019, 01:52 AM
Here are some pictures of my flit10 for you to investigate further. There was speculation that it may be the same architecture as the ia6b at one point, but I can't confirm that. I will say that they do perform very similarly.

These pictures are the best I can do with my phone.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2019, 02:07 AM
Hi Guys, what is the actual distance this rx covering on average? I need only 200ish meters.

Any other problems like voltage stability or EMF what affecting the receiver?

Thanks
Feb 26, 2019, 09:18 PM
I'm about ready to take a hammer to my Fli14+, it's that bad, I've gotten numerous 'blips' of lost signal when flying less than 20 meters immediately behind me, where for a fraction of a second the craft drifts as it stops responding to controls, I can hear the motors completely stop during those 'blips'.

Pretty sure it's the RX and not the TX, because when using that TX with my micros that have FS-RX2A Pros, I've gone up to 200 meters without issue.

I can't trust it at all, which makes it almost dangerous to control a powerful 580g craft with it as it could turn it into an unguided missile.

Going to order a Flit10. Thanks for the pics, quikj, I couldn't spot where to tap into the RSSI but knowing it's capable has to mean there's is a spot to tap into, which I should be able to find.
Feb 27, 2019, 11:53 AM
@Raffi_CA, average actual distance is going to be very difficult to answer as it seems that people have had results that could be considered "mixed". I'll also say that it will probably make a difference if you need 200m of range in an open field vs. 200m with obstructions. The object penetration of this receiver is very poor in my opinion.

@Haku, you're welcome. Good luck with your Flit10 project. I feel your frustration. I came to a similar conclusion. My 5" quad was unsafe with the Fli14+. I forgot about how horribly it performed when flying behind me. I pulled it out of my bigger builds and stuck it in my brushless whoop. Seems better matched with a 30g build with a 25w vtx.
Mar 04, 2019, 11:59 AM
Hi guys,

I'll paste my post from very similar topic also here. SO:

I have Fli14+ on my quad, installed as shown on the picture. I'd say pretty close to optimum, right?

RSSI in the goggles works, but it failsafes at around 40%. Just suddenly, message ''RX LOST'' and down we go. That is at app. 200-300m, that is clear LOS, the closest house / village is app. 300m away, so I'd say pretty clean WiFi area. Sometimes it failsafes even sooner if I do crazy and rapid flips, rols, loops etc.
Same thing happens to 2 friends of mine with Fli14+.
OK, still better than FSA8, but...
At the moment I'm ''solving'' that by setting 2 seconds in BF before failsafe is triggered. RX connection is (usually, 50:50) restored within 2 seconds, but that's just not it.
That is not much better (if any) then RX2APro. I have them on 4 of my 2-3 inch builds, so far reliable up to 150m in VERY demanding environments - I don't go further with those micros so I'm happy with RX2APro.
Does Flit10 does any better than Fli14+?
I'm using flashed (10 ch)Turnigy TGY-i6, my friends are using Flysky I6/i6S, i6x, almost all of them flashed to 10 CH. Same results.
With my good old FSiA6Bs on my two 5'' quads with not so optimal installed antennas I can go 500m out and I can do whatever I want, 1m from ground - rock solid connection. I went to app. 700m but then I almost lost video. So I trust my builds with FSi/TGYiA6B and I fly with confident. One of them is actually Turnigy branded - so TGY-iA6B, but it also does excellent job.
But as you all know, they are bulky, even after taking them out of plastic housing, stripping pins,...
Could this be related with those bold parts on antennas (some kind of radome perhaps?)?

Thank you in advance for any useful information.
Mar 06, 2019, 01:45 PM
@mimixtz For me the flit10 performs about on par with the ia6b, which I've also had a lot of success flying out as far as 500m. Bottom line is that I find it to be MUCH better than the fli14+.

Not sure if it's related to the sleeve dipoles. It might be.
Mar 07, 2019, 05:57 AM
Thank you for this information quikj. I beat my quads enough by myself, I don't want them to be beaten because of faulty receivers.
I'll install Flit10 on this one when it arrives.
Maybe I'll try wrap Fli14+ in ALU sheet to create kind of RF shield and test if it does any better. If nothing else, to failsafe when RSSI gets really low, close to 0. Maybe it is more sensitive on disturbances when RSSI gets to 40 or lower.
Mar 07, 2019, 09:34 AM
Just to clarify something I've seen mentioned a couple times here.

RSSI at 40 is just about as far as you want to push it. The RSSI scale is not the same as the "Error" reading on Flysky transmitters. RSSI is a measurement, in decibels, of the received signal strength. A reading of 0 in decibels means absolutely zero signal is making it to the receiver. You will likely never see 0 decibels, even after a failsafe.

I'm not sure how the RSSI reading translates into the "Error" scale that Flysky uses, but the consensus is that 40dB should still have full control of the craft while maintaining a bit of a safety zone, in case the RSSI drops a bit when you turn around. I think the absolute minimum you can fly at is around 30dB, anything below that will cause a failsafe.
Mar 07, 2019, 01:33 PM
You could be right. But how can I still have full control on my URUAV UR65 while seeing RSSI value as low as 2?
Look at this video when I go downstairs. Or statistics at the end of the flight.

https://www.google.si/url?sa=t&sourc...YaLnUtZVBKIYyl
Mar 07, 2019, 01:38 PM
You could be right. But how can I still have full control on my URUAV UR65 while seeing RSSI value as low as 2?
Look at this video when I go downstairs. Or statistics at the end of the flight.

URUAV UR65 Indoor buzzing noob learning (3 min 30 sec)
Mar 07, 2019, 03:01 PM
Simple, it's not reporting the actual RSSI reading :P

It's probably scaled that way because it's more in line with how we think.

I remember reading an article about this, but I can't find it right now. However, for those who have used OpenTX, it's the reason that the "Critical Alarm" is set to 42.

Edit: I found it, it was in the OpenTx manual

https://opentx.gitbooks.io/manual-fo...ry_values.html

Quote:
Loss of control will happen when RSSI reaches a value of about 38, so setting an alarm at 10 is useless.
Last edited by BobFromMars; Mar 07, 2019 at 03:11 PM.
Mar 08, 2019, 02:03 AM
Thank you Bob, that was educational for me.

My conclusion: range of Fli14+ RX is up to 200 - 250m.
Very similar, if not the same like RX2A/RX2A Pro.
By my opinion, it shouldn't be advertised as full range receiver.
Mar 20, 2019, 09:44 AM
I've have a couple of these rx's and one of them has decided not to bind anymore. It will only bind whilst my finger is on the bind button and then it stops. Anyone had this issue and/or know how to fix it?
Mar 22, 2019, 07:38 PM
After dealing with some unrelated antennas tonight that were horribly mismatched from the factory I had an idea.
If someone wants to experiment with this you should set your transmitter on a table and walk a good distance away till the RSSI drops to 60 or so. Number isn't critical.
Start trimming your receiver antenna a millimeter or so at a time and see if the RSSI improves. If so continue till it peaks.
If it gets worse then solder on a inch or so of wire and repeat the trimming process to see if you get a improvement.
Apr 14, 2019, 04:02 AM

Failsafe again???

Hello guys!
i went trough all your posts in this thread and like all of you I'm also trying to figure it out W.T.F is wrong with this failsafe.
I understand failsafe at distance 300-500m but at 30-50m????!!!!!
I already put FS-A8S to rubbish bin as SOMETIMES in the same location I could fly all around this park and next day RX LOST and failsafe at 30-50m distance.. weird isn't?
Now I choose FLI14+ and I just had first test yesterday.. and.. i had one failsafe again at short distance maybe 50m and few "clicking" (how to explain this clicking.. i would say that it loose control signal for a half second and that's why I'm calling "clicking") which sometimes (specially on FS-A8S) was clicking few times in 5-10s time and at some point will just drop from the sky.
I guess most of us had similar behaviour but did someone finally found solution to stop this failsafe at short distance?
My TX (FS-I6X)
RX (was FS-A8S now FLI14+)
omnibus F4 pro v3
t-motor 45A ESC
eachine VTX
There must be something we can do to at least stop RX LOST in short distance..
Im going to fly today 2nd time with fli14+ and if i failsafe again I also was thinking to use some hammer or burn it both.. TX and RX

Quick Reply