Jul 30, 2018, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
So the Fli(t) receiver that is supposed to bring FlySky on par with other small receivers seems to fail to deliver on one of it's key performance features, range? I was just thinking of getting one to try.
Yep. The range is garbage. It's even worse than the ia6c.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2018, 06:33 AM
easily getting 500m with mine. soldered on some new antennas. had a bad crash and now it won't bind :-/
Aug 08, 2018, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicakes
easily getting 500m with mine. soldered on some new antennas. had a bad crash and now it won't bind :-/
You think the new antennas did the trick? What range were you getting before the replacement? And does your rssi perform normally, not 40% and then failsafe like some others?
Aug 09, 2018, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie013
You think the new antennas did the trick? What range were you getting before the replacement? And does your rssi perform normally, not 40% and then failsafe like some others?
No I was getting great range even before replacing the antennas. So I guess the quality control on these aren't the best. My RSSI performed perfectly down to the 20 somethings without failsafe. If I can only get this sucker to bind again. So far no luck, just stays in flashing bind mode, never goes solid :-/ Any ideas?
Aug 09, 2018, 08:11 AM
Adam RED Weston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justicakes
No I was getting great range even before replacing the antennas. So I guess the quality control on these aren't the best. My RSSI performed perfectly down to the 20 somethings without failsafe. If I can only get this sucker to bind again. So far no luck, just stays in flashing bind mode, never goes solid :-/ Any ideas?
I would guess your switch for the binding is stuck... It might be as easy as picking at it with an x-acto knife. It also might need to be removed... Unsolder it, then use a bit of wire to jump the switch pads to bind.

Now, I had a different Flysky RX (non telemetry) that was damaged, but all I had to do was go into bind on my TX each time I turned the rx on... It would bind and I would fly, but it would forget each time I turned it back off. I'm doubtful that would work with the telemetry rx's... But who knows, try that too.

RED
Aug 12, 2018, 01:28 AM
I gave up and bought a frsky xlite. Put an xm+ in one quad and an r-xsr in another. Flew 1.3 km (0.8mi) yesterday with both of them.

Very happy with the switch.
Aug 16, 2018, 06:42 AM
iA6B / X6B both gives me 2km range. More than standard 600mW video with antennas on googgle.
Here an old test with the X6B. RSSI top right is what is what is seen by my FS-6 and reported from the FS-i6 up to the X6B. I initiated turn at 1650m,lose video, I flick the RTH switch, and then it dives to 50m and I lose it completely until it comes back.

Strangely enough my FS-i6 sees 0 RSSI before I turn, and when video is back, it still shows 0, despite the X6B still working - I throttle up to 70+ percent as you can see.

VTX range test (and X6B test) (1 min 49 sec)
Aug 17, 2018, 10:51 AM
I'm still monitoring this thread because I want to like this receiver so much. I'm hoping that someone has figured out a way to stop the failsafes at 40 RSSI and generally lackluster range.

My ia6b receivers' range far exceeds my 800mw video. I also get great object penetration. I hear that the flit10 performs similarly but doesn't have RSSI in the OSD for Evo users.

A lot of people talk negatively about Flysky range, but the range isn't the problem. There are receivers with great range. You just can't have range and a small form factor.

I must be a spoiled brat for wanting the small form factor, RSSI and great range.
Aug 19, 2018, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikj
I'm still monitoring this thread because I want to like this receiver so much. I'm hoping that someone has figured out a way to stop the failsafes at 40 RSSI and generally lackluster range.

My ia6b receivers' range far exceeds my 800mw video. I also get great object penetration. I hear that the flit10 performs similarly but doesn't have RSSI in the OSD for Evo users.

A lot of people talk negatively about Flysky range, but the range isn't the problem. There are receivers with great range. You just can't have range and a small form factor.

I must be a spoiled brat for wanting the small form factor, RSSI and great range.
I have moded x6b receiver with rssi for betaflight osd. I flying with evolution with rssi in osd.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-X6B-...AAAOSwF2xbV1YW
Aug 23, 2018, 05:34 PM
Adam RED Weston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewett
I have moded x6b receiver with rssi for betaflight osd. I flying with evolution with rssi in osd.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-X6B-...AAAOSwF2xbV1YW
Krewett,

Well, that is intriguing... Any chance there is someone in the U.S. selling these? Or perhaps some DIY instructions?

Edit: Google found the DIY for me...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...y-IA6B-and-X6B

RED
Sep 03, 2018, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_HLG
Krewett,

Well, that is intriguing... Any chance there is someone in the U.S. selling these? Or perhaps some DIY instructions?

Edit: Google found the DIY for me...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...y-IA6B-and-X6B

RED
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. I wonder if this firmware will work for the Flit 10.
Sep 04, 2018, 10:54 PM
Adam RED Weston
Well, here's my vote to rename this thread... I would say the Fli14 is not as good as my other Flysky RX's for range. My quadcopter fail safed approximately 100m from me and my Evolution TX. I would say I was near some trees, but not anywhere I haven't flown my IA6B, IA6C, and X6B RX's. I had the unique experience of watching 5.8GHz video all the way to the ground... Not how it's supposed to work.

I would encourage you to use caution with this rx. It has cost me a burnt out Flight Controller and about 2 hours of soldering.

RED
Last edited by RED_HLG; Sep 04, 2018 at 11:34 PM.
Oct 24, 2018, 08:53 PM
Adding my experience here. Ordered these before all the negative reviews came out, thought I'd try anyway.

Fli14+ Test and Crash! Short range failsafe issues. . . (1 min 12 sec)

I'm quite surprised at how terrible this receiver is. It looks almost identical to the Flit10, what the heck did they change?
Oct 24, 2018, 11:34 PM
Adam RED Weston
Bob, what TX are you using? I'm curious if it's a Turnigy Evolution issue, or perhaps more general.

Just like mine, it cannot go behind any trees!

RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromMars
Adding my experience here. Ordered these before all the negative reviews came out, thought I'd try anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ek64e4DvhM

I'm quite surprised at how terrible this receiver is. It looks almost identical to the Flit10, what the heck did they change?
Oct 24, 2018, 11:49 PM
Afraid it's more general. I'm using an FS-i6. Not even a month ago, I went 500m with a Flit10, so it isn't a transmitter issue.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a configuration issue in Betaflight. Maybe the RSSI signal is artificially low (it's not actually 20%, but it's reading that) and it is triggering the failsafe in Betaflight.

I don't know enough about failsafe in Betaflight to know if this is even possibility. However, I will say, I have never had the "RX lost" warning show up during a failsafe, due to how the Flysky receivers normally work.

This is part of how I plan to keep testing this, I'm going to replace the RSSI reading with the Error reading over an Aux channel, and see if it performs just as poorly. I'll report back when I get a chance to do that.

Edit: I'm doing some reading before bed, and I've found something interesting. Betaflight documentation says that failsafe is entered when a Flight Channel sends an invalid pulse length. I'm guessing a 'Flight Channel' means the first 4 channels (AETR) but I don't know. Perhaps the RSSI signal is dropping below a value of 1000, and causing betaflight to enter failsafe prematurely.
Last edited by BobFromMars; Oct 25, 2018 at 12:28 AM.

Quick Reply