Autogyro of AZ - RC Groups
May 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
Discussion

Autogyro of AZ

Hi to all. For the past few years I have been reading the weekly RC news, reviewing postings in the forums and looking at the adverts. Recently I decided to get more active in the hobby, and have been searching out the Autogyro Company of AZ. Several years ago (c.2007) I bought their Rascal/Scamp gyro conversion just before I retired. But I didn't finish it, with moving after retirement. Now I am looking for the company to get some parts and stuff. As I recall the correspondence with them, I purchased the prototype of the conversion which came with the radio tx and rx, but no electric motor.
Does anyone now if they still around maybe under a different name, and is there is an interest in their work? It looks like the Rascal /Scamp is well-constructed but I am not sure really what to do with it! So any info anyone can provide is of great help. I am a real beginner and sometimes fool around with some park flyers so I might be out of my league with this kit!!
Thanks in advance, bob.c
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2018, 08:51 PM
Greetings Bob
Unfortunately Autogyro company of Arizona folded several years ago.Great pity..I had a couple of there kits ( that I am still flying) that were up to a pretty high standard.
Happy Landings.
Chris...
May 29, 2018, 12:15 AM
Hi Chris, thanks for that info. Too bad, the finished products looked outstanding. Guess I will try to get a current motor to match the recommended one and give the Rascal a try without the rotor. His communication said that the whole thing was designed to be a convertible unit, both gyro and standard aircraft. We'll see how that works out..... bob.c

Quick Reply