May 28, 2018, 11:29 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Helifar H106 RTR 14" With Two 600mah Batteries

The Helifar H106 is a new ready to run, self righting 14 inch boat from a company best known for their FPV Racing Drones. The RTR package includes the boat, radio transmitter, two 7.4v 600mah batteries, and a USB charger. Click me to order.

For a limited time use coupon code RCDeal57 at checkout and get this package for $50.99

My H106 just arrived. First impressions are good. The little boat has a nice feel to it, and I really like the sleek appearance. The instruction manual is quite detailed, and covers everything needed to run, and maintain the boat. The package includes two batteries, as stated in the product description, and they also include a spare prop.

According to the manual there is also some telemetry functions. The boat is supposed to send battery voltage, and radio signal strength information back to the radio. I will check these features out as soon as I get it in the water. Here are some pics as promised. More info and running video coming shortly.

First run. Range is surprisingly good.

Helifar H106 Self Righting RTR RC Boat CHEAP FUN!! (4 min 14 sec)

JJRC S1 Pentium VS HeliFar H106

JJRC S1 Pentium VS HeliFar H106 Battle Of The Budget Boats (6 min 39 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Jul 27, 2018 at 07:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2018, 11:29 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Reserved
May 28, 2018, 11:35 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
the highest speed is up to 20km/h, 3 times faster than other common RC boats!

That's a negative right there. I hate lying, bullsh-- advertising. I'm sure it's no faster than the other brushed boats in its class, the FT007 for one example. Looking forward to video to verify.
May 28, 2018, 11:53 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
That's a negative right there. I hate lying, bullsh-- advertising. I'm sure it's no faster than the other brushed boats in its class, the FT007 for one example. Looking forward to video to verify.
I too am expecting it to perform very similarly to the FT007. I'm sure the "3 times faster than other common boats" is an absurd exaggeration.
May 28, 2018, 10:42 PM
Just Plane Nutts
More like marketing dancing around the truth. They are probably comparing it to toy-grade, 5mph RC boats like that you'd find at a Walmart. Those are in a completely different class though. Ah well. Not the first Chinese seller I've encountered who lied or misled about the product they sell (nor the second, third or fourth...I'm serious... ).

THAT SAID, I must say it's a unique and oddly attractive boat. Very futuristic. Kinda looks like something I'd expect to see emerge from the docking bay of Star Trek's VOYAGER... or maybe it's suitable for Will Smith to drive in "I Robot - 2" (if they ever make such a sequel )

Let's compare:

FT007 is $4 cheaper (Gearbest pricing). Get the H106 for under $40 at LINK
H106 comes with two 600mAh packs. FT007 has one 700mAh.
FT007 comes with a pistol-style wheel radio. H106 comes with a 2-stick aircraft-style radio.
H106 has unique styling. FT007 looks like several other "winged" speedboats by Fei Lun themselves and several other brands.

Both seem to run the same 370-size motor. Some parts like the rudder assembly also visually appear identical, right down to the clear rubber pushrod boot. The lower hulls of both feature ramps rather than trim plates to keep the boat running level and bobbing under control.

FT007 uses fan-forced air cooling.
H106 uses a water-cooled aluminum coiled tube.

Looks like a competitive alternate choice. Performance should be similar.
But what I found most interesting while researching both boats is that the new H106 speedboat is being sold under several brand names, including Skytech, TKKJ or Toyabi. I guess we can assume by this that Helifar didn't create their own boat.

https://www.hobbyinrc.com/p/Skytech-...y_2314836.html

I'm looking forward to your hands-on review...
Last edited by AirDOGGe; May 28, 2018 at 10:50 PM.
May 29, 2018, 09:50 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Nice finds. I hadn't seen those other versions of it yet, but I did notice that it is also being sold as the JJRC S3 in a black, and blue color scheme on Gearbest. The S3 is a couple dollars less than the H106 version, comes with a pistol radio instead of the 2 stick style, and only includes one battery.

So it appears as though there are quite a few variations of this boat coming to the market.
May 30, 2018, 09:19 PM
Looks like it's also the JJRC S3:

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-boats/pp...ZVZ598KS8ZBF0B
May 31, 2018, 01:42 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raketemensch

Fastmax mentioned that one yesterday...
May 31, 2018, 01:48 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Looks like the red version was the first to hit the shelves. at least four vids of it on "the tube". Ft007 performance all right, all the way down to the unwanted left-right rolling action on the straights. They just basically changed the top deck design for the most part.

H106 Mini RC Speed Boat with Self Flip Back Feature (12 min 3 sec)

Here's the FT007 for comparison: https://youtu.be/o2xVKjqfVWE?t=1m44s
Last edited by AirDOGGe; May 31, 2018 at 01:58 AM.
Jun 04, 2018, 05:31 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Thanks for posting that video. I'll check it out ASAP.
Jun 08, 2018, 02:12 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
First post updated with pics and some additional info.
Jun 14, 2018, 05:55 AM
OMG, i won't say that i'm running hobbyinrc, thanks your appreciation :3 Also hope your guys recommendation of good gears, i'll shelve them,
Jun 29, 2018, 01:26 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Oops! Disregard
Last edited by fastmax; Jun 29, 2018 at 06:50 PM.
Jun 30, 2018, 12:20 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
New video added to first post.
Jun 01, 2019, 01:08 AM
Are any of these versions upgradeable performance wise?

Quick Reply