This thread is privately moderated by scousethief, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 28, 2018, 09:06 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Discussion

3D Printed rc car project

Before i start , ALL and i do mean ALL credits go to Barspin and the other designers in the 3DPrinting community, i take absolutely no credit at all ( i only take cash lol ) for the poorly structured sentences below all those credits go to my English teacher who was a drunk please direct any thanks towards the community as that is were all these crazy ideas come from...

IF any vendors would like to participate by offering some sample parts for me to incorporate /play with they would be gratefully received and all credits given.

I am in the process of 3D printing an RC Car , the original designs are for a 1:10 scale vehicle but we will be adapting this primarily for 1
:18 which will then be adapted for something a little bigger (maybe 1:8 or so ) There are a lot of adjustments to be made from the original design but as a baseline i am using 3 different OpenRC projects and various other designs and adapting them as i go, of course there are some parts that will clearly benefit from using "off the shelf" production parts ( highly stressed components like drive shafts ) ,but as the main goal here is to utilize as many printed parts as possible i will try and keep "purchased" parts to a minimum.
The printer used will be an Anet A8 that has had some minor upgrades ,however ,the upgrades are not necessary and everything should be perfectly printable on any 3d printer without any major hassle.

All texts in "Blue" are links , they will be links to the 3d files used or to the products i am using , in the link i will use the products full name so that you can search for the product yourself from your choice of vendor or you can help support my experiments by clicking the link ( clicking the link will cost you nothing , there are no hidden surprises it just helps the vendor monitor traffic , i should start a patreon but.......)

The 3d printer upgrades are :

ANET A8
0.1 , 0.2, 0.4 and 0.5mm nozzles.

E3D v6 all metal hotend
Titan Extruder

The 3 base models are :

Open RC F1
Open RC Touring
Open RC Truggy

These will be mixed with the various updates and upgrades including :

Adjustable steering trim
Adjustable suspension
Rear differential
Geared brushless drive

-----------------------
Last edited by scousethief; Jun 08, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2018, 09:16 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
3d printers are quickly becoming one of the most valuable tools in the hobbyists arsenal , supported by a huge and continually growing community of "users" and "modders" and bolstered by a growing library of freely downloadable designs 3d printers are becoming the "must have" tool that anybody with an imagination can use to make their idea's come true. As with all new tools there is a learning curve but thankfully with with new 3D printers that learning curve has been reduced to the bare minimum. Once the initial setup has been completed the majority of work is carried out automatically by the printer or the software used allowing the user to focus their attention elsewhere.

Quick Reply