Whirlybird Aviation no Longer Exists - RC Groups
May 26, 2018, 07:07 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Alert

Whirlybird Aviation no Longer Exists

Ya know....I have been int the autogyro world for a short time. I shared plans and short kits with yall. Honestly....Im just tired. Many guys want instantly gratification. Many were rude but for the most of them were great to deal with. I will eventually share my plans with you all. Im just busy right now.
Im left with 10 to 12 short kits....they include the plans and the difficuld parts to cut by hand.

Dave
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2018, 12:03 AM
Sad news Dave...hope your feeling better ......and keep busy
Happy Landings
Chris...
May 27, 2018, 12:51 AM
The 1st Sofaman
Thanks Chris, that means a lot to me. Its not sad for me! LOL!!! I'm just burned out. I would rather share info for free. You know that B.B. King song "The Thrill is Gone" ???? That is my feeling right now and has been for quite a while. I like what Richard is doing by sharing info on autogyros. That is my feeling.....give this kids the right info....unlike the confusing stuff (a certain person used to do). I feel free right now.
May 27, 2018, 04:32 AM
Dave , I am sure you have given pleasure to many with your efforts. Time to put yourself first and not listen to so many who simply don't matter.....

All the very best

Steve
May 27, 2018, 05:58 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Dave,

Sad news mate, youre designs, help and advice have been an inspiration for me as I'm sure it has to many others and I can't thank you enough.
Unfortunately times have changed over the last few years, the days of us building and sharing our designs, experimentations, build logs and ideas seems to seized dramatically. I really enjoyed building prototypes with you and this I miss on a personal level, in my eyes it is what brought so many new gyronuts into this part of our hobby. People can be rude and upset you without even realising it so
I would just hold tight, enjoy your hobby for what it is and sit on your plans for now.

Autogyros are in your blood and if at anytime in the future you want to share a design I will be more than happy to build along with you.

Rich
May 27, 2018, 03:04 PM
What could possibly go wrong!!
Dave,
I appreciate all your early videos, very informative and I just liked your accent and enthusiasm..
Hope you will stay in touch on the forum and you know, if some people sound , we'll, negative , I'm sure it was not their intention just that they were thoughtless. Good luck my friend with your health .

Kind regards,

Chas
May 27, 2018, 05:46 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Rich.....those were good times back in the day as you were describing. It was so much fun and I had so much more energy back then!!!! I still have some ideas that I want to discuss and share with you.

Chas....I have enjoyed your enthusiasum in the autogyro hobby. You are good man! Carry on!

106flyer....thank you for your kind words sir. Yes....time to relax a bit.

Cris and Gyrocopter....thank you guys for your support encouragement and friendship.

Im going to close this thread. PM fme or anything. At this time I have only 5 kits left. Andre and Hoops got 2 of them. PM me if ya want one. 3 left.

Dave

Quick Reply