This thread is privately moderated by blitzen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 25, 2018, 01:50 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

uSKY- FrSky Compatible Telemetry Receiver

I had been reading about building RC electronics like ESCs and receivers. While beyond my ability, I think it is interesting to read about what makes these things work. The fishpepper uSKY receiver was of particular interest to me because of the 10mm by 12mm size. While the tiny SBUS receiver started as a hack/project, assembled versions had become available here and there. I had come across a professionally assembled version from a factory in China. It looks identical to one now sold on Banggood. Anyway, the receiver operates at 5V. Compatible with the FrSky D8 SBUS protocol, binding to the Q X7 transmitter was simple. The assembly is neat, clean and a bind button has been added. The antenna wire is a generous 144mm long. So it was trimmed to an appropriate size for my quad. After insulating with heat shrink, the tiny receiver was tucked in between the standoffs of a 16mm stack. First tested inside, the uSKY worked reliably. Outside, the control distance is said to reach 200m. The 25 mW FPV signal only carries about 100m+ but the RSSI was still strong at that point.
Note: Betaflight 3.3.1 CLI syntax "set serialrx_inverted = ON” now replaces the old "set sbus_inversion = OFF”
To purchase a fully assembled receiver go to Banggood.com and search for 8CH-SUBS. Yes, they misspelled SBUS in the URL/description. Or, for more information about the open source check out https://fishpepper.de/projects/usky/
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply