May 25, 2018, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo
Ok, how does the pre-orders work? Do I pay now, or when they are ready to ship?

I'm pretty sure I am going end up with one of these.
According to the HH Facebook Live video I just watched, you get on the list but you don't have to pay anything in advance. You can cancel at any time without penalty.

I sure wish my flying site was large enough .....

Woody
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2018, 01:50 PM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmattusa
I have a 6m glider with an up and go. I love it but if you need to abort a landing, the motor would never come up and start before it was too late. The video shows Ali pulling up from a low pass in seconds. I personally don't like to see a propellor on the nose of a scale ship but the advantages of this outweigh the looks!!! The price is much much cheaper than buying a large scale ship from Europe.

Anyone involved in this project know what pilot was used in the ASH31? It didn't appear to be an Axel pilot. And is it a 1/3 scale pilot or a 1/3.5?
The pilot in the sample model is a Warbirdspilots.com 1/3rd scale civilian
http://www.warbirdpilots.com/product...glider-hat.htm

Adam has been awesome to deal with and is currently producing a much better fitting and casual looking shirt especially for ASH31 customers. I look forward to seeing it.
I am also working with Tailored pilots in the UK who will produce a super detailed pilot for the ASH also.

Regards Ali
May 25, 2018, 01:53 PM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower_City_Woody
According to the HH Facebook Live video I just watched, you get on the list but you don't have to pay anything in advance. You can cancel at any time without penalty.

I sure wish my flying site was large enough .....

Woody
Hi Woody. That is correct. No charge is made to your card when you pre order. We are now 2/3rds of the way through the first full container in terms of back ordered ASH's. So if anyone is thinking about one. I would act quick if I were you!

Also. This plane needs very little space to fly. The take off roll is super short 6-8 ft being possible. Also. With the huge flaps and powerful spoilers. It can land in very little distance also. I will try to make some video of some short field approaches.
As an example. I can fly the ASH in the same sort of runway distance that a Carbon Z T-28 uses if required?

Regards Ali
May 25, 2018, 02:04 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
As we mentioned in the video we'd love to have you guys and gals get your eyes and hands on the model while you're waiting for it to arrive. Aside from Ali's travels, Peter Goldsmith and Stephane Ruelle will be attending several events with one of the prototype models. A list of those events is listed here: https://www.facebook.com/Hangar9ASH31/

We hope you can make it to one of them and check it out!

Craig
May 25, 2018, 02:17 PM
Jet, aerotow and heli junkie
Promised myself NO MORE SAILPLANES......hmphhhhh......

preordered one......:^)

dw
May 25, 2018, 05:31 PM
USAF Academy Retired
Just pre-ordered!
May 25, 2018, 05:49 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Subscribed
Want one.
BAD
May 25, 2018, 05:53 PM
Pre-ordered just now! This looks awesome!

--Rob
May 25, 2018, 06:16 PM
doo
doo
Ok, on the pre-orders, will these be charged and shipped once available or will we get a confirmation that we must OK before being charged and shipped?

Thanks.
May 25, 2018, 06:37 PM
Where is this model being made?
May 25, 2018, 07:09 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGflyer
Where is this model being made?
It's made in China at a very experienced composite manufacturer.
May 25, 2018, 07:36 PM
TEAM HORIZON
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16
If you plan to install the electric motor you can route the gear and spoilers thru the BEC in the speed controller.....
good call Tom!!
May 25, 2018, 07:43 PM
TEAM HORIZON
I understand they have blown well past the 2/3 full that Ali mentioned earlier and now have less than 10 models available for the first batch.
Since the post this afternoon, orders are filling up. Great support guys!!

With the holiday weekend upon us, most guys who have not checked out the web pages and facebook posts are just becoming aware of the offering. It'll be a busy weekend.
May 25, 2018, 08:48 PM
TEAM HORIZON
Facebook Live this morning

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeamHorizonAir/
May 25, 2018, 10:16 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Does it include transport bags? In the video it’s mentioned that the bag fits with the horizon stab on, but I can’t find anything about wing/fuse bags.
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'

Quick Reply