May 24, 2018, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
We were waiting for you to post the link Tom!!!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2018, 09:31 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
we were waiting for you to post the link tom!!!
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
May 24, 2018, 09:34 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
So I guess there is a bit of interest in this plane.......try to click on the link.......HH web page has crashed!
To much traffic I would guess!
May 24, 2018, 09:51 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
I think for some page tweaks, including updating the ETA.
May 24, 2018, 09:57 PM
Just fly it!
Are we going to need a voltage regulator for the Gear and Spoilers or can we run the whole ship on 2S Lipo's?
May 24, 2018, 10:37 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg
Are we going to need a voltage regulator for the Gear and Spoilers or can we run the whole ship on 2S Lipo's?
If you plan to install the electric motor you can route the gear and spoilers thru the BEC in the speed controller.....
May 25, 2018, 03:59 AM
iSlope
Delivery date for EU is still uncertain. Horizon Hobby.de says January 2019 while some hobby shops are expecting first delivery in June.
May 25, 2018, 06:55 AM
As someone with a bad back and limited time on my feet, self launching planes are so advantageous to enjoying a day of soaring. I'm almost tempted to ask if anyone within driving range of Austin would be intersted in trading a brand new, never flown, Baudis ASW22 1/3 scale for one of these with a motor and esc. I say trade because I was given the plane with the understanding that I wouldn't sell it to make money. I don't think it would be braking the rules to trade it to another pilot who would put it in the air. Just thinking out loud.
May 25, 2018, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16
If you plan to install the electric motor you can route the gear and spoilers thru the BEC in the speed controller.....
And please run the flight control surfaces on a stand alone pack. ESC/BEC's are notoriously famous for releasing their magic smoke at entirely inappropriate times. You don't want to be left holding a transmitter with nothing listening on the other end.
May 25, 2018, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know the Airfoil that was used on the Hangar 9 ASH-31?
Last edited by Scottchman; May 25, 2018 at 05:00 PM.
May 25, 2018, 08:14 AM
Well, so much for that one....
Hanger nine drops a nice affordable one for a heaver a big $$$ one.
Marketing 101?
May 25, 2018, 08:34 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Are you referring to the ASW-20? It certainly was not dropped in favor of the ASH-31. Every product has a life cycle, and the ASW-20 was nearing its end when the factory became unable to produce them.

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim409
Well, so much for that one....
Hanger nine drops a nice affordable one for a heaver a big $$$ one.
Marketing 101?
May 25, 2018, 09:51 AM
I have a 6m glider with an up and go. I love it but if you need to abort a landing, the motor would never come up and start before it was too late. The video shows Ali pulling up from a low pass in seconds. I personally don't like to see a propellor on the nose of a scale ship but the advantages of this outweigh the looks!!! The price is much much cheaper than buying a large scale ship from Europe.

Anyone involved in this project know what pilot was used in the ASH31? It didn't appear to be an Axel pilot. And is it a 1/3 scale pilot or a 1/3.5?
May 25, 2018, 12:12 PM
Team Futaba
Watched the live feed this morning. Once I got over being blinded by Craig's shoes it was a great video. This plane looks like a winner to me. The cool thing is that you can set it up for ROG AND aerotow!!

The plane ticks a lot of boxes and looks to be a killer deal at the price!
May 25, 2018, 12:28 PM
doo
doo
Ok, how does the pre-orders work? Do I pay now, or when they are ready to ship?

I'm pretty sure I am going end up with one of these.

Quick Reply